The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The NEW Lake District Meet thread - 15th August

AJI

Now that some of the big events are out of the way it leaves space for the next event which is The Lake District Convoy.

Sunday 15th August

All the details are on the link below:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ajiwebsite/page6.html

Please add your names to the list. PLEASE only put your name down if you are going to turn up to this event. We don't want the 'oh I forgot I've double booked that day as I'm washing my underpants' type of excuse.

On the day I will give out route cards which will show the full driving route and you will be let free to drive at your own pace. We will all set off at the same time so we can get a good sized convoy to tear up the roads in one of the UK's most scenic areas.

I will be lead car if you want, but feel free to overtake at any point if you think the 'pace' is not keeping your tyres warm :innocent:

(p.s. It won't be a race and the pace that I'll be going won't be fast at all. However there will be areas where we can open the throttle and get things moving at a good pace as you will see :p ).

Attendees:

1) Aron Iniff (AJI)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im going to look at a car this saturday. If all's ok and I buy, Ill be along for the trip. Dont want to put my name down just yet in case it goes tits up. Also AJI will shout at me if I put my name down and then drop out :innocent:

1) Aron Iniff

2) Kevin Huntley

3) Gaz Walker

keep them adding.....

Paul, you up for this?

Also, the two Supras I met on top of Hartside a few weeks back, the black and the white non-turbo machines from Newcastle area, sorry I can't remember your names..... you said you'd maybe be interested... if so please put your names down if you can attend.

And what about Michael Lane in your white turbo weapon? Haven't seen you for a while.

And all you Manchester, Leeds area guys, its only a short trip to Cumbria..... will you be coming along for a play??

The more the merrier!

I've put the invitation out to a few other jap-car clubs such at GT4, Skyline, 300ZX's etc. So hopefully there will be a good mix of weaponry to make a good convoy tour.

It would be a real shame if only a couple of Supras turned up.

This event had quite a lot of interest a few weeks back.

i dont wan to put my name down in case i have to drop out :) lol

but hopefulyl ill check with the good lady to see if she fancies a ride aswell not this weekend but the one after then?

could a moderator not change the date at the top of the thread?

Also next weekend for anyone who can't make the Gumball! :) AJI has put a lot of effort into this event and it would good to see a few more members attending. If it wasn't the Gumball the day before I'd be going. Go on, get your name down!

Can you bring the girl in your avator with you ?? PLEASE !!!

I've put an invitation out to a few other car clubs such as EVO's, NSX's, TVR's, GTO's and Skylines.... I'll have to check to see what response they've given.

It tourist season over here and there's load of sports car driving around (when it's nice weather), so hopefully a few others might come along.

1) Aron Iniff

2) Kevin Huntley

3) Gaz Walker

4) Paul Laing

5) Keef layton

6) michel lane (skyline gtr33) or new picasso

7) Dale Bowman

8) Chris Birks

which way are the newcastle lot going? could meet up on the way somewhere maybe scotch corner? and michel want to meet up at wolviston or something?

Originally posted by ChrisB

which way are the newcastle lot going? could meet up on the way somewhere maybe scotch corner? and michel want to meet up at wolviston or something? [/b]

Chris... I'll be going over the A66 (from Darlington), so if ya wanner meet at Scotch Corner (layby just past on A66 after pub)

that would be good