The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number plate spray

ardasaliah

It's a load of old bo%%ox.

I once went into a bike sale place on the isle of man, and they had all these number plates taht were apparently impossible to take a picture of, and they had the plates on a stand with the photo's showing the numebers vanished next to them.

They also had a photo of Foggy at their stand buying something and in the background, quell surpris there were the number plates in full. They got quite pissy when we pointed it out to them. :D

Don't even bother is my advice...

Tony

I thought of a way I might try to hide a plate, that being, hinge the plate at the bottom, and have magnetic catches at the top, behind the plate have a solenoid passing through the bumper and whe the solenoid is actuated, it pushes the plate off the catches and it swings down so it can't be photographed, to put it back up, simply stop, and push it back into postion.

Originally posted by ardasaliah

could you not test the spray with digi cam with a flash to see if it works?

No , if you do that on the anti gatsos it appears they work , but if you look really closely you can still see the numbers and the police can enhance this so much you wont believe it .

Dude:flame Dev

This may be a load of rubbish but ive been told that the police can reverse the film from the cameras or something which reverses colours of digits therefore they can read the plate just as easy. therefore the spary may work but is still not reliable.

Like i say i may just be chatting rubbish but thats what i was told:conf:

Originally posted by 400BHP

I thought of a way I might try to hide a plate, that being, hinge the plate at the bottom, and have magnetic catches at the top, behind the plate have a solenoid passing through the bumper and whe the solenoid is actuated, it pushes the plate off the catches and it swings down so it can't be photographed, to put it back up, simply stop, and push it back into postion.

I have seen something similar done on a motorbike where the guy has a rod arrangement which simply flaps the plate down and pulls it up when he has gone by the camera. It's on a custom bike so the chromed lever and rod don't look out of place.

Being a bike he is only bothered about being shot from the rear as it were ,whereas on a car you would have to do front and back.

I imagine they would try to hit you with something serious if they stopped you and took a look though..:devil:

• 6 months later...
Check this out- What do people think about theses sparys/ Do they work?

http://www.buyradardetectors.com/Products/OnTrack/PhotoStopper.aspx

If anyone's still interested, I can confirm that the spray doesn't work - just got my NIP through, and I was armed with both the spray on the plates and a radar detector - one more in the next two years and I'll be joining the ranks of the pedestrians for a while... :(