The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Annyone know this supra?

Guest XiPHiAS

Guest XiPHiAS

Got an offer to buy this nice Supra but i want to check the car is clean.

The car is sold to a Spanish dude and come from the US... Do annyone know this ex US car? The car is in the UK now.

http://www.carstyling.net/xiphias/16.jpg

http://www.carstyling.net/xiphias/21.jpg

http://www.carstyling.net/xiphias/24.jpg

http://www.carstyling.net/xiphias/2.jpg

http://www.carstyling.net/xiphias/19.jpg

There have been a number of recent scams on eBay - auctions with pictures and text stolen from genuine American auctions, claiming the car is in the UK / Channel Islands or Europe. "Please wire me the money for a car I don't own and you will never hear from me again." Usually the give away is the photos are obviously taken in America and the scamming idiots stupidly choose very highly modded Supras that would in reality fetch many times what they are aparently willing to sell for.

If the car is really in Spain or the UK, get the owner to take a photo of himself with it, holding today's newspaper or something.

Certainly sounds like a scam to me - beware!

:looney:

Originally posted by XiPHiAS

what do u man?

Just be very, very careful and make sure you know the owner, it's probably worth sticking a post up on Supraforums.com as the car probably belongs to someone there or has been lifted from autotrader.com

Lovely car, hope it's all genuine for you.

Guest XiPHiAS
Originally posted by lust2luv

There have been a number of recent scams on eBay - auctions with pictures and text stolen from genuine American auctions, claiming the car is in the UK / Channel Islands or Europe. "Please wire me the money for a car I don't own and you will never hear from me again." Usually the give away is the photos are obviously taken in America and the scamming idiots stupidly choose very highly modded Supras that would in reality fetch many times what they are aparently willing to sell for.

If the car is really in Spain or the UK, get the owner to take a photo of himself with it, holding today's newspaper or something.

Certainly sounds like a scam to me - beware!

Just because that i'm looking to get any info on that AND because the price is a lill low for the car.

Guest XiPHiAS

i think it's fake...

he told me it's an american car he has imported.

he ask a low price and ask me to pay a lill of the price and then he is comming to london to take the rest of the money and give me the keys.

i think it's a scam like some persons told me here :( :(

i don't know how it works over there but here a buyer would view /test drive a car befre handing over a deposit unless it's one you've especially requested through an import company to get for you

its a shame you are not in the uk as there are lots of lovely genuine supes for sale

Guest XiPHiAS

he ask to pay 2.500 then he come to london (from spain)

... hey i'm not stupid to pay to someone i don't know :)

damn faker!

btw :

england RHD

belgiun LHD

RHD, LHD, wouldn't matter to me as long as it was a good car :)

Putting money down on a car you've never seen, especially on the internet is very very risky. If you actually get the thing it might look good in the picture but it could be a mechanical disaster.

I had enough problems when I asked an importer to get me a car from Japan. I had nothing but grief and in the end I lost my patience and asked for my deposit back. The only way I'd buy a car now would be in person.

An American car in England being sold by a bloke in Spain - Sounds very suspect....

Guest XiPHiAS

it's a TT

Got today a to me photoshopped ID paper

Whay u guys think about it? If i open it in photoshop and make it bigger it's just like the numbers are cutted out another paper and pasted into this document????

11.jpg

Originally posted by XiPHiAS

it's a TT

Got today a to me photoshopped ID paper

Whay u guys think about it? If i open it in photoshop and make it bigger it's just like the numbers are cutted out another paper and pasted into this document????

That's the worst bit of photoshopping I've ever seen. And what the hell sort of document is that supposed to be anyway?

The ID number and model number are both gobbledegook - vehicle number should start JZA-80.

This scammer is LAME! I'd wind him up a bit if I were you - post his details here and I'm sure somebody will oblige.

Guest XiPHiAS

His ID ...

Name : Miguel Gianini

email : [email protected]

msn : [email protected]

Found also this :

http://www.autoscout24.de/home/index/detail.asp?ts=5607182&id=dy4fefrsfab

I contacted him because i saw a Supra for sale in Spain. It was an older car, grey color and a manual but with some bodywork ... the price was 10.000 euro's but because i like to rebuild the car to beiing a showcar it was no problem for me. He told me the car (grey) was sold but he had another Supra (black) for sale. He told me the car was in London and if i send him a piece of the money (500 - 1.000 - 1.500) (i don't know the perfect english word) he will come over to England to accept the money and give me the keys, papers and the car...

For me it was strange because...

- with the first pictures ive got from the grey one the interior pictures are bigger and became from the black car.

- i asked to fax (to get some personal specs from him) the registration and papers of the car and i got that weird "certificate of origin for a vehicle" by email

- after opening in photoshop and resizing u see the lettertypes are not maching

- also the address is not correct

- the name Berth Reynold sounds to much as Burt Reynolds to me

- some other faults like the dealer and ID number (JZA-80) sounds so weird.

- the weird signature

So... i take my hands of that car because i'm a serious person that would like to do serious business...

And ... searching for another...