The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just sold the pulsar....

SirCharlesworth

Well i took a deposit on my pulsar gti-r yesterday, which means i can now start seriously looking for my supra.

I have heard of auctions in southampton as the cars come off the boats which offer good value for money, is this true??

Also, did anyone privately import? And who does this?

I am looking for a black GZ manual or RZ manual, probably a 93 car as i haven't got unlimited funding. Hoping to find one with a couple of modifications too: exhaust primarily- maybe airfilter and bov too. Also would like the sideskirts and some better wheels, but i don't know what stuff comes up?

Supra here i come!!!!! :D

Cheers, Charlie

Yeah you can do that mate, beware though a lot of crap comes up in those auctions. Need to know what your looking for and check car properly before biding. Best bet take someone with ya who knows what to look for.

There are plenty around, manuals normally cost a bit more. If you buy with a bodykit fitted check the quality, wheels beware as sometimes you can't get the same replacements over here if one gets damaged.

Personally i would buy a good condition standard car thats been well looked after and then mod it yourself. But hey it's up to you.

Good Luck.:)

Brought mine in as a personal import from Japan. You can go to southampton and get one directly from the docks, but useually, they tend to be cars that either the importer didnt pick up ( ran out of money or somthing and didn't budget for the vat and import duty ) or when the importer got to the docks, took one look at the car and thought its not worth his time tarting up for a proper resale and so puts it in for an auction.

I personally dont think I'd go for a car already here, as you will have to pay for the duty and vat on top of the price you pay for the car anyway. ( the auctions dont state this, so beware )

Import your own from Jap, ( unless money is really tight, then take your chance of getting a good/cheap one at the docks. )

I used http://www.auto.co.jp

They place your bid for you at the auction house in Jap. their commision is about £500.

'93 RZ manuals are going for about 1.0-1.2million yen at the mo ( £5-6000 (grade 4's)

Shipping is about £400-450

so you should get on the road for about £8000-9000.

My RZ auto was on the road for £7100, but dont forget a full service as soon as she on the road (£400) just to give you a good starting point and a Cat 1 alarm (another £400)

If you want any help bringing one in yourself, PM or email me.

thanks for that advice supra rz: I'll be in touch soon

cashpoint: yeah i did PM james about the convert from gtir to sup and see how he got on, was going to pm you too but had too much going on in life with crap!

I was charlie boy on the gtir boards- i'm just charlie on there now because i got old :innocent: