The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dealing with brick dust...

Kazuma

hey everyone, hope all is well. Has anyone ever experienced a problem with brick dust? I've just moved house (new build) and as it's still a building site, brick dust is a problem. I washed my car over the weekend, the day it was 27 degrees.. Did it at around 16:00 while it was cooler. I cleaned it nice and proper, only to find the next day that all my hard work was for nothing..

I'm a bit concerned for the paint work as it's not been clayed nor had any wax on it since I got it! Yes I know, naughty naughty. Was thinking about getting a car cover.

Any other ideas? :rolleyes:

i use a few different waxs, make sure you clean the body of first its all in the prep, I wash, and liquid wax the car down then panel wipe my car, and then use a autoglym wax currently but as yours is black i would find a wax designed for dark cars to aviod polish swirls. :) i will try find out the brand of my dads one he uses on his civic. :)

i use a few different waxs, make sure you clean the body of first its all in the prep, I wash, and liquid wax the car down then panel wipe my car, and then use a autoglym wax currently but as yours is black i would find a wax designed for dark cars to aviod polish swirls. :) i will try find out the brand of my dads one he uses on his civic. :)

Yeah thanks that would be good to know what he uses.

Peter, I'll research up on that wax as well, thanks for the advice.

i have had this probelm for nearly five years now its a total nightmare , the site has changed hands a few times im guessing because its so big they keep running out of money or people just arent buying new homes up here, a good car cover seems to be the only thing you can really do, unfortunately my daily and the wifes mazda along with the house are always covered in building site/brick dust, i posted this question on detailing world and the opinion is the dust wont cause any damage just make sure you rinse the car well before washing.

• 2 weeks later...
i have had this probelm for nearly five years now its a total nightmare , the site has changed hands a few times im guessing because its so big they keep running out of money or people just arent buying new homes up here, a good car cover seems to be the only thing you can really do, unfortunately my daily and the wifes mazda along with the house are always covered in building site/brick dust, i posted this question on detailing world and the opinion is the dust wont cause any damage just make sure you rinse the car well before washing.

Ok I'll just have to put up with it then! Thanks for letting me know. I'll just have to wax it etc and put a cover over it. Shame really I like to look at it in all it's glory.

A think layer of snowfoam might also be an option to help lift anything off before the main wash.

I feel your pain tho, When I lived at my parents trying to keep cars clean with building sites either side was just p***ing into the wind :(