The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello

Guest vvtli18

Guest vvtli18

Hi all,

My name is Simon and I am 26 years old and just moved to the UK (Sheldon) exactly 2 weeks ago. I am originally from a tiny island called Malta and was introduced to this site by fellow member Marcus as I am very interested in buying his sweet 575bhp Supra :-)

All I need to do is sell my car back home, which is a 1999 Celica GTS which I have built up to 340bhp myself as building cars has always been my hobby and I am a Toyota freak!!

If you are interested in reading about the car (just to hear your opinions) just go here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3156850

as I had done about 20 pages about it. As soon as my beloved Celica is sold, I can buy the Supra although needing help with insurance - as I am new to the UK, my 8 years NCD is nulled and cheapest quote I got was £6k (omg)

Anyways, enough about me lol. Hoping to get to know most of you well and pray that I join the dream club of Supra owners :-)

Simon

Wow, quite a detailed thread on car domain, looks like a lot of hard work.

You will enjoy the Supra more though, it will feel like a bigger brother, and the power will feel more useable in the your friends 575 bhp Supra than your 340 bhp Celica. Actually thinking about it, how well was it at putting all that power down?

Oh and welcome to the club ;)

Guest vvtli18

Hi,

The Celica is quite a good drive actually, gives me no problems at all and I have claimed a few victims on the road - M3, Standard Evo 8, Integra Turbo, RX7, Impreza STi (even a standard TT Supra lol). The trick was choosing the right tyres and not touching (lowering) the suspension. Malta was quite bumpy roads and all lowered cars suffer from wheel-hopping when you slam your foot on the throttle.

I was running just 9psi boost and with about £5k more, could have easily broken the 600bhp mark (as I tune it myself, no garage or technitian fees) but all that power in a front wheel drive doesn't work. I had the car for almost 5 years and know every inch of it and know how to drive it. Of course, there are much faster cars then mine - my friend back home has a 7MGTE Supra good for 800bhp and another guy I know has a 2JZ 900bhp single turbo there too, but I was happy with the results compared to the bucket load of money my friends spent.

Hoping to get my hands on my own MKIV soon :-)