The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I will have one....one day...

Guest yomchi86

Guest yomchi86

Hello all,

Been wanting a Supra ever since I played Gran Turismo years and years ago. Unfortunately as a young(ish) driver and having other commitments my dream car is still slightly out of reach. When I traded my Mk4 Astra in, I part ex-d it for another of my dream cars which I'm still driving today. a 3.0L V6 406 Coupe which I adore. Nippy and ferarri designed it's an awesome car which is becoming more scarce on the roads with people writing them off. I was going to get a Supra instead of the 406 Coupe but couldn't justify the fuel and insurance costs. I'll keep reading through the forum and await the lottery win or a change in circumstance so I can get one of these beauties!

Take care and speak soon

Stu

Welcome!

You'll get there, don't worry. Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve. ;)

Someone round my way has a 406 like yours. Very nice looking car. Navy blue. Very sleek. Unfortunately, I keep getting stuck behind him on the way to work and he drives like an old woman! :D

Guest yomchi86

Thanks for the warm welcome folks. Maybe I should just have both cars....need a house with a double garage!! I do love my coupe, but it seems most drivers of them are around 60 years old and don't get them out of 1st gear...

If I was going to get the Supra, it would have to be the TT model I'm afraid. Its like with my coupe, I could have got the 2.2 tractor, 2.0/2.2 petrol or the 3.0 V6. 25 next year with 6 years no claims so fingers crossed ;) I'll let the girlfriend drive the coupe and I'll have the Supra!!

hi there...

i've owned many cars in the past, from FF (TX3 turbo, Civic Type-R, FTO GPX ver R) to 4WD (EVO6, STi6) to FR (Supra) and honestly, MKIV is still the best so far... never get bored with it, always so much fun to drive *grin* and most importantly, it looks evergreen being a truly GT500 Jap Ferrari-killer... Supra rules! :)

Edited by fastnfurious (see edit history)