The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi all and is this my next car???

Guest Danny C

Guest Danny C

I have recently just sold my 3000GT running around 500bhp and taken in an 04 plate Evo 8 running 400bhp tuned up with some goodies. My theory was that its time to get a fast car that was practical ie 4dr's for the family. This unfortunately has just made me want to go even faster as this Evo is really slow compared to my last car so this is why Im here [GRIN][/GRIN]

I have always liked the look of the Supra's and a couple of my friends currently own them and are club members so maybe this is gonna be my next car? The Evo is going up for £9995 but given the current market worst case I hope to get £9000. Im prepared to put upto £5000 on top but would like to keep a couple back for my personal touches and peace at mind but if the car is exactly what I want then I will spend more :eyebrows:

So budget around £12000, must have over 550bhp on a single as a minimum as would like to evenually take upto 700bhp in time. I would also prefer UK spec but I might be asking to much on this point.

Please let me know your views and what to look out for in my quest for a good high power supra.

Many thanks

Dan.

Edited by Danny C (see edit history)

Guest Danny C

Thank you for your replies. I will speak to Jurgen and see whats about as I dont know much about importing and Im worried that if I buy a bad one I have no one to go back to. Looking in the classifieds there are a few but there miles away from Kent so I might take a road trip visit a few then make a decision.

I want the best spec and horsepower for my budget but trying to understand a good build from the rest is hard as there are so many so keep the thoughts coming in.

Guest Danny C
If your budget was a little higher I would recommend this car if your goal is a 700bhp car.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?243817-Big-Single-Black-6-Spd-Facelift

You never know, he might be willing to go down a little on the price, considering this is what you want.

And welcome to the club. :)

Great advice I have just spent an hour and 15 minutes on the phone to this poor guy and this is a really sorted car. What I really need to do now to go out in a 550+bhp supra to get a feel of what these cars are all about. My friends dad owns one and is a club member so fingers crossed I can get a ride in one before this car goes.