The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Potential Set of Wheels for the Supra

Samurai 20V

Hi guys..

Got my eye on a set of wheels & tyres for my car... Volk Racing GT-V.

Wheel size : FR - 8.5J × 19 Offset - 46mm

RR - 9.5J × 19 Offset - 36mm

PCD114.3 (5 hole) diameter 73 mm Hub

Clearance to Caliper - 41mm

Tire : Goodyear LS2000 245/35 & 275/30.

Price is abt 1500GBP..

For a stock bodied Supra that is lowered, do you guys think this will fit without any hassles?

Also is the price worth it? Not sure on the Tyres, anybody used them before?

I'd stick with 18's and get a little more tyre sidewall for ride comfort and grip. If you do get them remember to buy some spigot rings as the Supra's hub is 60.1mm rather than 73mm.

Yeah, it is a trade off for the looks vs comfort.. Thks for the heads up on the spigot rings.. In Japan the roads are of a high standard so the 19's should be ok.. When I take the car back to South africa, thats were the fun will start...

ive a friend who is an MOT tester and he has a celica that has yellow tyres due to discolouration as the car was left in a garage and the tyres are WAY old. he passed the tyres due to them not having any damage. just check for cracking. i wouldnt think 2 year old tyres would be a problem, it would depend more on their condition. you shud get a pretty good idea through photos i reckon.

ive a friend who is an MOT tester and he has a celica that has yellow tyres due to discolouration as the car was left in a garage and the tyres are WAY old. he passed the tyres due to them not having any damage. just check for cracking. i wouldnt think 2 year old tyres would be a problem, it would depend more on their condition. you shud get a pretty good idea through photos i reckon.

Well the tyres have not been used at all, they were just mounted two years ago.. Will check it out again, keen on these wheels..

• 3 weeks later...