The mkiv Supra Owners Club

A Quick Reminder For Us All!

Westy

I`ve had similar happen in my old car but was going ALOT faster than that, coming onto a dual carriageway wheel very very slightly turning to pull on and the full boost kicked in inn 3rd gear.... back was out, caught it, then the other way (but less) caught this and then a bit the other way, then straight again, i had cars all over the place and missed them all.

Road was wet and i only (well only) had 450Bhp in that car, was insane.... had to stop afterwards.

Just watched this again, after the intial fishtail, he slammed on the brakes, I assume that was his mistake, he should have tried to correct without the brakes right?

To me it looks as though he's tried to cause a bit of drama on a slippery tarmac repair. He's kept his foot down too long and then stamped on the brakes as he went into the middle lane. It's easy to say from your sofa but I would have let off the accelerator and just tried to correct it whilst rolling. Difficult to correct with such a heavy weight of traffic and little room to manouvre. Panic would have set in and htting the the brake is a natural reaction.

Personally I wouldn't have tried to show off at that point. I imagine he expected a bit of wheel spin and a puff of smoke. He got a lot more than he bargained for...!!

H.

To me it looks as though he's tried to cause a bit of drama on a slippery tarmac repair. He's kept his foot down too long and then stamped on the brakes as he went into the middle lane. It's easy to say from your sofa but I would have let off the accelerator and just tried to correct it whilst rolling. Difficult to correct with such a heavy weight of traffic and little room to manouvre. Panic would have set in and htting the the brake is a natural reaction.

Personally I wouldn't have tried to show off at that point. I imagine he expected a bit of wheel spin and a puff of smoke. He got a lot more than he bargained for...!!

H.

Well, you right, depends on how you react... In that case i suppose most drivers would slam the brakes...

Whoa, he was 'lucky to recover as well as he did'............did I miss that bit? Just looks like a bellend showing off and getting bitten by something far more intelligent than him. I take it the slip control ecu has an iq of more than 3?