The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake discs ???

peter richards

spent a bit of time down the old mans house today , cleaned the car it came up nice got all the green crap off but it was protected and that did make the clean easier .

now its been standing for 18+ months and the brake discs look very rusty , so dont know if a good drive when i tax and mot it will clean them off or am i looking at new discs

My car hasn't been on the road for the same length of time.

I'm going to get the wire brush in the drill to clean mine up, give them a good inspection and checking that the calipers haven't seized.

Much better than using the pads to clean them up.

ok booked the car in for an MOT tomorrow so thought id go and see if i could clean the discs up and generally check everything out .

but before i even got out of the drive the indicators wont work , hazzards as well , took it for a run and sorted out the discs they seem to be ok .

had to cancel the MOT now until i get the indicators working , dropping it off at an auto electrician in the morning , all the other lights are ok , checked the fuses and they seem good

ok booked the car in for an MOT tomorrow so thought id go and see if i could clean the discs up and generally check everything out .

but before i even got out of the drive the indicators wont work , hazzards as well , took it for a run and sorted out the discs they seem to be ok .

had to cancel the MOT now until i get the indicators working , dropping it off at an auto electrician in the morning , all the other lights are ok , checked the fuses and they seem good

Have you had the dash out recently? I dropped one of the connectors doing that once (the one for the hazard lights) and that stopped the indicators working.

just picked it up it needed a new flasher unit cost me £60 fitted .

so getting there slowly, the only other problem is it seems to be missing on idle , could it be the fact its been standing and a good blast will sort it out , cant do that until i get the MOT and tax.

oh and the O/D off lights flashing now and again

Edited by peter richards (see edit history)