The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra seller sam in Bedfordshire.

Mr Cull

So I have been keeping my eye out for a new Supe recently and looking at what’s been posted on pistonheads among other places.

I’ve noticed that in around the last month or so there has been about 4 listed on private sales by a sam in Bedfordshire.

This is a current example:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2749638.htm

In his last few listings there has been pics. But there are none in this one.

It reads like he’s selling on behalf of someone else:

1996 Toyota Supra 5 Speed Manual Non Turbo Rare Colour Bronze Only 1 UK Owner Who Imported It Back In 2000 Mostly Standard Car Other Than Reezo Alloy Wheels Bodywork Immaculate Always Been Garaged Never Been In Rainy Days Also Very Rare Toyota Service History Including Recipts Of Cambelt all The Mots from Import Very Hard To Find One With Toyota Service History Has A Folder Of Recipts Long Tax And Mot Drives And Performs Great Must Be Seen To Be Appreciated Only Serious Enquiries

I did ring him a few weeks back regarding a UK speck he had listed which seemed pretty cheap. This one did have pictures up. I ended my interest when he told me it had 180,000 on the clock which was omitted from the listing. Also he mentioned viewing times would have to be during the day which again made it sound more like a business that a private sale

As he’s flogging so many Supes I assume someone on here known of him. He may even be a member. But none of those cars have been listed in the classifieds on here.

So has anyone been to see/buy one of his cars before and have any comments that could be useful for someone thinking about going to view one of his Supes?

I’ve used the Search -> “sam Bedfordshire” but that has come up fruitless.

He seems to get hold of a few now and again that i've not seen elsewhere.....ie he truely is getting some via the trade somehow rather than some traders that buy them cheap off ebay/autotrader and then put them back up for sale.

I would just treat each car that comes up on its own merit and check for the usual used car stuff, his prices are very reasonable on paper so you shouldn't get stung. On the face of it that NA looks a good deal if it cosmetically is ok for you (they all look good in photo's) and it drives ok.

I see the pics have now been added.

Yeah bronze is a great colour. That’s what my current NA is. Ideally I was hoping to get a different colour to be honest. People will just think I’ve got a new set of alloys :think: But it if all checks out I may go for it.

Rob – Yeah if it’s not to far from you then please do go ahead and take a look. The info will be very useful for me or anyone else considering this one.

As mentioned above the bonnet does seem to be slightly higher one the right site.

Thanks to everyone who has replied :)

• 2 weeks later...

If your buying the white aero then i would go and have a proper look at it. It is a CAT C write off and a badly repaired one too.

Pm me for more deatils and copy of hpi reportbif you want.

I went to look at in merseyside when the last seller had it about two weeks ago.

Edited by supracars (see edit history)

If your buying the white aero then i would go and have a proper look at it. It is a CAT C write off and a badly repaired one too.

Pm me for more deatils and copy of hpi reportbif you want.

I went to look at in merseyside when the last seller had it about two weeks ago.

Thats exactly the kind of information im looking for....

Pfff what are the chances of me getting a proper

one this year.

Thanks for the information. You have pm.

Thats probably the worst repair job ive ever seen tbh. The cars been wacked so bad that the areo top doesnt sit properly any more,...lol

Thats exactly the kind of information im looking for....

Pfff what are the chances of me getting a proper

one this year.

Thanks for the information. You have pm.