The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Last trip in my Supra today :(.

RobD

Well, by the looks of things my car should have a new owner tomorrow :( and to say I'm a little grumpy and a tad upset would be an understatement! :(

Looking at the bugger picture though it's the beat thing to do, I'm going to start saving like mad for a single! It will cost a lot less than if I decided to build one and the prices of singles at the moment seems to suggest this also.

It's still going to hurt like mad watching her drive of and going to buy something that'll get me through till the singles here :(

Last trip in her see's me taking my little girl to the Zoo, so at least it's made her happy before it goes! :)

I would be going down exactly the same route if I hadn't already put so much into making my car mine. My Wife would crack up if I sold it to buy another, regardless of the financial sense of it all :D

I almost cracked and went for UKRich's car but I just couldn't do it.

Thanks for all the comments, the car drove superb today, considering it was boiling she was still going well ( for an NA anyway).

Washed it and gave it a general clean inside and took everything out, I'll admit to having a tear in my eye at that point! :(

This has been like a second kid to me so hope Russ's brother in law will take care of her as she deserves!

If I see any thing veilside on it or if it looks like it's been drove through halfords backwards in the next couple of months I'll hold you responsible Russ!!

No worries there, he dont like chav stuff.

OEM skirts and spats seem like a good idea.

Hes not allowed the same bonnet or trd wings, he likes the uk scoop anyway.

Thanks for all the comments, the car drove superb today, considering it was boiling she was still going well ( for an NA anyway).

Washed it and gave it a general clean inside and took everything out, I'll admit to having a tear in my eye at that point! :(

This has been like a second kid to me so hope Russ's brother in law will take care of her as she deserves!

If I see any thing veilside on it or if it looks like it's been drove through halfords backwards in the next couple of months I'll hold you responsible Russ!!

Steady on with the Veilside slamming. I know most hate it but I like mine and don't see anything I would replace it with at the moment. I like mine in the lambo gun metal colour :)

Rob sorry to see you sell up. I understand your logic on the single build cost. I think mine will be around £11,000 when done with the engine build. It's all the small parts that add up.

Probably very wise saving for a pre built unit. :thumbs:

P.S. Blame Russ for everything, it's easy and probably true :)

It's not just the single costs, it's the 6-speed box and TT engine on top, then no ABS etc. Just seems stupid, the single kits had no interest what so ever for the price I paid for it so looks like I'll be keeping hold of it for the time being!

Decided to keep hold of the engine also, me and a mate of here will keep that as a spare just incase one of our engines sees the devil! :)

It's not just the single costs, it's the 6-speed box and TT engine on top, then no ABS etc. Just seems stupid, the single kits had no interest what so ever for the price I paid for it so looks like I'll be keeping hold of it for the time being!

Decided to keep hold of the engine also, me and a mate of here will keep that as a spare just incase one of our engines sees the devil! :)

Why not just get a reasonable 6 spd tt. Then Build the engine with the turbo kit you have?

Maybe, depends what comes up I guess. If I see a very clean TT6 I maybe tempted but ATM I'd rather save for a single.

Or just save for a UK TT6 that's stock with good mileage and leave it in a lock up for a rainy day :)