The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Car cut out on full boost, Any clues to whats it problem?

Blackie

I over took a car on full boost and my car just died, All the lights on the dash came on/Stayed on but the car wouldent restart. Left it abit and after about ten mins it started up again. Drove it full boost (With the rac following and flicked it in to neutral and bang it off the rev limiter and it didnt cut out an has been okay ever since. Any ideas?

I aint to clever about this stuff but i will have a pop at it. Could it be a fuel cut defender? Someone tell me to shut it if i'm talking balls.

Shut it...

Although it does sound like a possible fuel issue. Fuel filter clogged or something like that.

Possibly an old N/a fuel pump running a TT?

Sounds like it could be. Not sure on the N/A vs TT fuel pump differences though. It also wouldn't really explain why it wouldn't re-start, something has either blocked the fuel or stopped the ignition.

Guest james mundy

All right Fella sounds like Crank position sensor they tend to fail at high temp and will often restart after a brief wait when cooled down, don't know too much about supras i only got mine a couple of days ago so no idea where it will be proberly next to the flywheel. This might help you out hope you get it sorted soon whatever it is mate.

All right Fella sounds like Crank position sensor they tend to fail at high temp and will often restart after a brief wait when cooled down, don't know too much about supras i only got mine a couple of days ago so no idea where it will be proberly next to the flywheel. This might help you out hope you get it sorted soon whatever it is mate.

Cheers chap, the bloke at the garage said the same but I was hoping for back up off here. He's plugging it in to the launch diagnostic so hopefully it should show an error code for the crank sensor