The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who sells HOK paints?

Brazil

Matt do you remember how much that lot cost you?

A lot. I'd have to get my reciepts out to check exactly.

Have you done any repairs after it was sprayed? ie: front bumper? How did it turn up? Does it still look glossy today?

No repairs since work and it still looks stunning. You can't really respray areas of Kandy however, which is one downside to the type of paint. If you're worried about it getting damaged then probably best not to go for Kandy

A lot. I'd have to get my reciepts out to check exactly.

No repairs since work and it still looks stunning. You can't really respray areas of Kandy however, which is one downside to the type of paint. If you're worried about it getting damaged then probably best not to go for Kandy

Does it mean that if you crack your front bumper, or want to respray the front bumper because of stone chips that you will have to re-spray the whole car?

Does it mean that if you crack your front bumper, or want to respray the front bumper because of stone chips that you will have to re-spray the whole car?

you would more than likely have to do that on any one-off or flash colour, my lamboughini orange would have too as a white base is laid down and doing panels here and there will look awful.

lave red is the WORST

you would more than likely have to do that on any one-off or flash colour, my lamboughini orange would have too as a white base is laid down and doing panels here and there will look awful.

lave red is the WORST

We all have super low front bumpers that scuff really easily how do you guys manage not to damage it?

No, it's just that matching Kandy is very, very hard and there's a good chance that any respray won't match. If you do touch ups, there's the potential for areas to become darker.

Black and the darker colours show every tiny mark and swirl , you can use a late lexus black with a very slight pearl to it , this reduces the sffect of polish marks etc and still remains shiny gloss finish - as its also an OEM paint code you can match . In bright light there is a very slight colour change but looks black in normal light so can match door shuts etc if not done

you must have paid stupid money matt? i know my lambo orange was ridiculous money and im trade.

How expensive can paint be? 200, 300, 500 pounds?

I can't decide if I want change my front bumper to a Do-luck version 2, my current one is a original kit and rare but I like the V2 and its better to cool the FMIC what do you guys think?

How expensive can paint be? 200, 300, 500 pounds?

I can't decide if I want change my front bumper to a Do-luck version 2, my current one is a original kit and rare but I like the V2 and its better to cool the FMIC what do you guys think?

i think mine was about £300ish that was for 5L of lambourghini orange, i then had 3L of a special white base to get on top (cant find price) plus the clear coat and other things involved- hardener,thinners ect.

repaints aint cheap..

Is the technique of painting with Kandy allot different then a normal paint job? will an experienced painter need to do allot of research before starting?

slightly different but most experienced painters will be ok, just the over lap catches a few out as the shade will darken and can leave a stripe.

do you have a colour in mind?