The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

hello,

thaught id make a thread on what will be my pass time for the next month or so (if all goes to plan)

allthough im happy with power my na-t is making at the moment as a technical exersize and to further my knowlage and expirience im going to attempt a 500+hp na-t build

if all goes smoothly i will swap the engine into my tss car and use it for the last three rounds of this season

so, the plan

i have sourced another 2jzge and i will be partly stripping it .

it will be having a set of used 2jzgte pistons with a set of new rings and barings

i will run the stock ge gasket as opposed to the gte gasket as not to drop the compression too low as im not looking for out and out power and ofcorse a new set of head bolts.

i will be fitting a set of 550cc denso P&P injectors that will be fed by a walbrough 255 pump and finally it will be mapped by 2 bar tuning

i will get lots of pics of the engine build so if anybody fancys it themselvs they can have a look and skip the mistakes ill make in the lerning procces.

if you think i have missed anything please feel free to piont out,

i have allready recived some gread advice from experienced club members and i think i can make this work so, here goes :)

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be using the greddy emanage ang garret gt4088 turbo,

i have spoken to ryan and he thinks the 550s will be fine. i think the reason being is that the engine should still be higher compession than the tt so theoreticly i need less boost to make the 500 inturn meaning it will need less fuel but this set up will then restrict how much power the engine could ultimately make due to the higher compression . thats the theory i have developed anyways :)

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Guest Andy Bird

Will be watching closely. Not sure what box your running but have you thought of getting the internals cryogenically treated. That is what im gonna do on my na box.

Seen it work well on a 200sx gearbox handling 400bhp and drift abuse where they normally shit the bed much earlier.

Will be watching closely. Not sure what box your running but have you thought of getting the internals cryogenically treated. That is what im gonna do on my na box.

Seen it work well on a 200sx gearbox handling 400bhp and drift abuse where they normally shit the bed much earlier.

never heard of that , can i get some more info ?

im going too see how long the w58 lasts and in the mean time search the world for a accidnt damaged soarer with a 154 :)

did a bit more today , managed to mount the engine to a turnable stand. then had a bit of spare time so i striped the front of the engine , had my customary fight with the crank bolt ( i won) and then took the head off for a good in spection of the engine and touch wood , all looks good.

pics later :)

never heard of that , can i get some more info ?

im going too see how long the w58 lasts and in the mean time search the world for a accidnt damaged soarer with a 154 :)

Try and source a front cut from a manual 1jz vvti from japan, and ill buy in with you if the price is good :)