The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My respray progress

Paul

Went and visited my Supra yesterday, bit of a mess, all stripped down.

Been a delay due to bodyshops lack of planning their workload, resulting in another couple of weeks wait !

Dude, you'll be pleased to see the rear quarters are out ;)

Infact, all the glass is out, will have a nice new screen fitted at the same time compliments of the insurance co. :D

Paul

supra 0790.jpg

Yeah, I'm hoping it'll turn out nice. Looks like it'll need a good valet after though!

Bit p*ssed off that they haven't covered the interior and all the bits are chucked inside.

Still, got plenty of dosh to play with/deduct if anything is damaged, I'll spend ages going over it before parting with cash and having owned it for three years I know every square inch :D

Paul

Mine could do with a re-trim anyway so lets hope they tear one of the seats:)

Well, time wise, should have been 3wks in total........that was 4wks ago !:eek:

Now they are saying another couple of weeks so they would have had it for 6wks in total.

The bodyshop owner gave a good reason though and admitted that they haven't been working on it much to date.

Knowing what I'm like he has assured me of a pristine car and top job at the end of it.

It's difficult really cause I didn't hassle them after dropping it off, just let them get on with it, and as with all trades they take the p*ss by slipping in other jobs infront of it, not bothered now though as they 'owe' me for mucking me around by making sure they get it spot on.

BTW, got a courtesy car for getting around in, as Matt H will testify, it's a sporty little number :D ;)

Paul

bloomin eck is like....Six weeks ! well at least you got some kind of coutesey car....I'm gonna have to get the bus whilst mines away or rely on mates to give me lifts so hope they dont take too long....

I'm sure the wait will be worth it...especially if ya can get sum new seats out of it.

;)

Originally posted by Green Peace

bloomin eck is like....Six weeks ! well at least you got some kind of coutesey car....I'm gonna have to get the bus whilst mines away or rely on mates to give me lifts so hope they dont take too long....

I'm sure the wait will be worth it...especially if ya can get sum new seats out of it.

;)

What you need is a spare shed like vehicle like i have. In fact my spare shed like car is a turbo!!!! Diesel lol.

Yeah mines been in the bodyshop for 6 weeks and still counting mind that has included fitting a full bodykit and blending it in.

Have had to borrow the Mrs car a 1.2 Renault Clio oh how i laughed. Doesn't feel like its moving most of the time, she loves it though bless.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Couple of stone dinks on that bonnet then?? Coulda gone for a TRD style bonnet in carbon fibre especially with a black car.

Yeah, there where a few :eek: Not too keen on the carbon bonnets, rather stay with the ali scooped one.

BTW, it's not and never has been fooking black :D ;)

Currently Storm blue with a touch of primer type stuff, soon to be Trophy Blue. Funny, one of the younger lads said it would look nice Gold, told him to shut up as I'd taken six months deciding on the new colour.

Paul