The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One-piece aluminium propshaft.

David P

Custom built by Driftmotion U.S. for N/A auto, this is the only one on the planet. :trophy:

Would require a thicker adaptor block to fit N/A MT5. :think:

Maybe fits Supra with R154 conversion, but no-one has managed to measured one yet? :confused:

The OE two piece steel prop weighs 24lbs, this lightweight one-piece is only 14lbs. :yummy:

Reduction in rotational mass liberates circa + 5 bhp @ wheels and + 1 mpg. :)

My plan was to include this propshaft upgrade in the Hybrid transmission build, yet the engineering required to modify the tailshaft proved too expensive. :lame:

This has only been on the car a short time and has proven a perfect fit and well balanced. :thumbs:

I had to wait 7 months for this to be made and will be sad to see it go. :(

The improved connection between transmission and diff is quite noticable in a 'James May's nether region feeling' kind of way! ;)

I could re-engineer the front of this to include a sliding yoke and use it, but it is way too good an item to recycle. :(

I would sooner sell it on for £110 less than I paid for it and put the money towards having another made. :)

Asking price reduced to £275 plus £10 P&P for U.K. mainland.

attachment.php?attachmentid=130978&d=1303239681

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It won't fit a T.T. auto or 6MT without the addition of a slip yoke at the front, because they both have flanges on gear-box tail-shaft.

2" too short or too long, can't remember :think: for an MT5, would require 2" spacer adaptor at the rear. :shrug:

Fits an N/A auto perfectly.

Could prove to fit a Supra with a 2JZA and/or 1UZFE R154 conversion, if anyone every gets around to measuring the length of prop required. :think:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.