The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What will happen to price of tt 6speed over nxt 10yrs?

cje001

Hard to guess.

I think we are seeing a change in the market. Most people cant run them as dailys and are sellling up, which in turn floods the market and makes them cheaper.

However once these cars are in the hands of

A. People than can afford to run them daily

B. People who use them at weekends only

The market could dry up and thus increase the price.

Or it could go the way of the 300zx and be worth about 2k.

Its crazy i have seen people struggling to sell tt 6 speeds at 8k and with fuel heading towards £2 a litre and insurance going up 40% in one year I can see them ending up like 300zx in the next couple of years.

2 quid a litre. Christ, where do you live it's nearer 1 quid a litre here :p

I'll have to get the magazine at work, I was reading it the other day on a break and they said now is the time to buy as in ten years they'll be worth more, it was a classic car mag from what I remember.

If I get time I'll take a photocopy of it and the magazine that had it in and post up :)

IMHO i think the prices will stay the same'ish for the next 5-10 years, there is less and less supras on the roads every year due to people who brake them for parts and general accidents in total, insurance companys see a dent in the front or rear and 99% of the time they call it a write off.

BUT i do agree with whats been said already.. cost of living in general has gone sky high and people just dont want gas munching 3 litre cars, its hard to tell wether they will hold there price or rocket down like every other car on the market these days.

The enjoyment of driving a supra wins me over everyday i get in it.... other than highly modified cars and rich boy cars , theres not alot out there that can bring a smile and thrill to driving a car like the supra can.

I'll have to get the magazine at work, I was reading it the other day on a break and they said now is the time to buy as in ten years they'll be worth more, it was a classic car mag from what I remember.

If I get time I'll take a photocopy of it and the magazine that had it in and post up :)

I think they definatly would have become classic cars but with prices dropping you will seeing chavs buying some up and making it even worse as you can get a nice tt auto for the same price as a saxo or corsa

Well seeing as i posted the thread i`ll add my 2p.

I think (hope) that over the next 5-10 years they will stay similar to now, these cars are way better than 300zxs and I would imagine have a lot more demand.

There will always be people who will want these sort of cars and in the future 10-15yrs they will be as rare as some olders cars are now, if the demand is still high and the supply is low then basic economics will dictate that the price will be a premium.

Supras will get written off etc over the next 10 years and IMO the supply is very low already, therefore it stands to reason that the price will go up in time.

I dont think anyone knows what petrol prices will be like in 5-10 years, who knows how much oil is left, its the oil companies who control the prices by withdrawing supplies etc and it cant keep going up and up and up and up governments cannot allow this AND the ACTUAL raw product 'petrol' that we buy is massively cheaper than what we pay due to the hideous amount of tax and customs built into the price - this may be balanced out in time in a similar way to the way the Chanceller has changed the oil tax this time on the oil companies in the North Sea to increase revenues instead of the usual customs on petrol - maybe this will be a trend in the future....

Long term oil price will rise.

Short/medium term it will fluctuate as it has done in the past 5 years. Particularly when the current commodity bubble bursts.

As for running out of petrol... Long long way off.

Prices of TT6s hopefully will stay where they are. I've just paid enough for mine!!

I look at it this way... jap cars are great when they are built and can last a long time in terms of modernity, but jap cars never have the same classical appeal in decades to come as say an old jag or american muscle car does.

The average TT6, IMHO could go almost as low as a well kept, low mileage N/A today, and then they might creep up a little but never as high as they are today.

The Supra is a man with a young hearts game. Not a classic piece of kit, despite it's brilliance in design.

Not sure what will happen with the Supra, but I have unexpectedly noticed mk2 16v Golf GTI's are fetching upto £4500 in stock trim. Same kinda story with E30 3-series, Corrado's etc.

I'd like to think that for its time, and given its competion, the mkiv is more of an iconic Jap car than a 3000gto, 300zx, any skyline, any scooby, or any lancer. At the moment you seem to be able to get hold of a TT for under £4k, and an n/a for silly money. I guess this is a good thing as it offers up the opportunity for more and more Supra's to be abused and killed by chavs, in-turn making these cars harder to come by in pristine condition.

I guess its the same with any car though, if you keep it in immaculate condition and mechanically sound, someone will pay over the odds for it if its what they really want.

....but then again, i'm never selling mine so I dont really give a sh*t!