The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black facelift ridox - latest mods

jim

I've been busy with a few recent mods in preparation for a show on Easter Monday. I put the chrome dash rings in that I've had for ages, wasn't sure if I'd like them but they have grown on me.

before

after

I also fitted the clear indicator lenses to the rear. I really like this one, subtle but very nice.

I decided to take the spoiler off today too. I've been meaning to do this for a long time to see if I like it. I'll give it a few weeks and if I don't then it's easy to put it back on, if I keep it off I'll get the rear wiper off and get the boot lid smoothed and painted. Taking it off was a gift, one tip though if you're planning on doing yours, when removing the bolts close the bootlid down most of the way but leave enough room to get your arm in to get at the bolts. It saves any risk of dropping the bolts down into the bootlid itself.

My black rims are due back this week (after nearly a year), I'll be glad to see the back of the pink and orange ones.

Hope you like! :D

Cheers Craig :)

The clear lenses weren't too bad at all steveo, easier to get out than the fronts then the same idea, ten minutes in the oven and they split easy enough. The guide on here explains it well. Stubby sets it all off ;)

These are my black ones Marc

Taking it off was a gift, one tip though if you're planning on doing yours, when removing the bolts close the bootlid down most of the way but leave enough room to get your arm in to get at the bolts. It saves any risk of dropping the bolts down into the bootlid itself.

This crap happened to my on Saturday. Like you just wanted to see if i'd like the supra without spoiler, what started as a quick impulsive idea ended in an endless battle with magnets and wires, knifes and screwdrivers, a lot of nailbiting and hairpulling, mumbling and allmost crying, just to get the damn bolt back out of the bootlid. Before i started the first thing i saw was that i should not drop one of the bolts in the bootlid, you know that feeling? You warn yourself and then the first bolt goes all the way down? Last option was holding the supra upside down, or taking the bootlid off, but i took the easy way out and got back inside the house trying to forget it and accept defeat. 2 sleepless nights later and i'm allmost over it.

:D turn it upside down and give it a good shake. Or go buy one of those kids magnetic toy fishing rods?

My wife drives a Hyundai coupe and I've spent days trying to track down all the rattles from the boot, so I'm paranoid about it. I only loosened the bolts with the ratchet then unscrewed them by hand with the bootlid almost closed so that if they did slip they'd fall down and (hopefully) out.

This crap happened to my on Saturday. Like you just wanted to see if i'd like the supra without spoiler, what started as a quick impulsive idea ended in an endless battle with magnets and wires, knifes and screwdrivers, a lot of nailbiting and hairpulling, mumbling and allmost crying, just to get the damn bolt back out of the bootlid. Before i started the first thing i saw was that i should not drop one of the bolts in the bootlid, you know that feeling? You warn yourself and then the first bolt goes all the way down? Last option was holding the supra upside down, or taking the bootlid off, but i took the easy way out and got back inside the house trying to forget it and accept defeat. 2 sleepless nights later and i'm allmost over it.

Why not seal around the holes into the tailgate cavities with a bit of masking tape?

Show was yesterday and we raised over £2000 for the ward that cared for my son when he was diagnosed with a severe form of epilepsy. The guy refurbing my black wheels let me down and they aren't ready yet, so I sprayed the pink and orange ones matt black on Saturday. I'm quite pleased with them, they came out alright :)

http://ilovebass.co.uk/photos/showerks-live/big/showekslive-183.jpg

http://jon44w.com/images/events/2011/201125050900/0009.jpg

Edited by jim (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I finally got my wheels sorted last week, I'm SO happy that I persevered with them :D In the end, I got a mate who works in Bombardier/Shorts to bring them into his work and he sealed them with whatever they use to bond the wings to planes. No air loss so it seems to have worked a treat.

I'm 3/4 of the way through my clear headlight conversion, the new lenses just need to be bonded onto the lip of the donors and they're ready to go in but I've been lazy with them and they've taken a back seat. With the change in the weather recently I've got a cloudy lense again so I really need to finish that job off soon. I've fitted hid's over the past few weeks too, they're such a good buy. I've also got bass :cool: and the spare wheel's been ditched in favour of a 12" sub and a couple of amps. Haven't got the install build pics to hand but will post some later.

Cheers Westy :cool: still thinking about tinting the rear lenses too, I know it's marmite but c-west covers could be the answer.

I agree on the diffuser Rob, I think a spoilerless car needs one. They're not cheap though esp when you've 2 kids who want ipads for Christmas :)

I'm waiting for Ibrar's other lip spoiler HateEvent, no BGW tho :D

Cheers Kieran :cool:

Some pics from the install build, nothing showy, I just wanted it subtle. I've never had a sub in any of my cars before even though I love my music, it has made such a difference though as the car's my daily driver and to have gained such a big jump in volume and sound quality is magic. It's not quite finished, there's a false floor to go in over the amps (the carpet's sitting over them at the minute) and that'll be it. I'm going to dynamat the doors too, but one door's getting replaced soon so not much point dynamatting until the new one goes on.