The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5 hours to wash and wax Oo

BazzaAlpine

Got the car polished last weekend but had to go help a mate with his Starlet. Just as well. Got the car washed pretty quickly then started putting on the wax (Turttle wax out a green tin) Seemed to be going on a bit thick but no matter what I did it wouldn't go to a light haze. Well 3 hours later and I'm still trying to buff this damn stuff off! All this was by hand I should add. Worse part is I don't even think it's got that high a shine to it :( hense the lack of photos (and the fact it was starting to get bloody dark by the time I finished).

What's a good peice of kit that doesn't cost a bomb which can polish, wax and buff off?

i use only autoglym products...never used the wax but i love the finish the polish gives even if it does leave a little dust behind.

Totally agree mate, like glass on my car, my keys slid off my roof the other day as it was that gleaming!

rather than spend the hours trying to polish it off and probably marring the CC , should of just done a rewash, start again , always clay first youll be suprised the amount of crap thats still on the car , less is more with the polish /wax , get an applicator pad and use it damp , that way you get an even thin layer of whatever your using and its easy to buff off.

Let me know when your next getting frisky with the wax Bazza, I'll bring my car over for you to clean :D

Lol Don't know about that. It might be a good way to keep fit but I could barely stand up straight after the last one.

rather than spend the hours trying to polish it off and probably marring the CC , should of just done a rewash, start again , always clay first youll be suprised the amount of crap thats still on the car , less is more with the polish /wax , get an applicator pad and use it damp , that way you get an even thin layer of whatever your using and its easy to buff off.

I used a pad and made sure I kept it damp. Definately need to get some clay though and this HD stuff you all talking about. Pity there is no all in one machine :(