Sorry they are not great photo's as it's my iPhone

attachment.php?attachmentid=130576&d=1302974798

attachment.php?attachmentid=130577&d=1302974798

attachment.php?attachmentid=130578&d=1302974798

attachment.php?attachmentid=130579&d=1302974798

attachment.php?attachmentid=130580&d=1302975241

attachment.php?attachmentid=130582&d=1302975241

attachment.php?attachmentid=130581&d=1302975241

This is still very much a work in progress and I went down to have a look at the general shapes that are coming together

It has had a coat of primer to show the shape we have at this point, the idea is to get this side right and then copy it to the other side

A big thanks goes out to ShellShocked who have been great so far, keeping me in the loop, especially to Jason, who has been the one man band doing all the work

They are taking lots of photo's as they go with a camera, so I will do a proper thread through the stages at a later point

This is just a little teaser

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

Edited by DodgyRog
Title changed at OP request (see edit history)

• Replies 762
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking good mate. nice arches

Yeah a big thanks to Ibrar (Speedwells) for getting these made up and to me in record time

just hope it dont crack. looks like they know what they are doing though!

I did ask about cracking and they said they have never had a problem with it. ShellShocked are the same bodyshop that did Blackies and his is fine, as far as I am aware anyway

This has the potential to look pretty special :)

It's definatly going to be different, I have search a lot and not found anyone that has done this combination, so fingers crossed that they all come together well

Looking good Rog:cool:

Thanks JP, I am all ready happy with it and they still have another weeks worth of work before they think about paint apparently.

The problem I have is the Dragonba11 is getting very close, but I really don't want to rush them

Jason is a diamond though, he said today when I mentioned the time element, that he will work the bank holidays and weekends if he feels it's going to be necessay

does look great. best of luck, you deserve it this time round

Well ShellShocked are already miles ahead of Speed Culture in every way possible

Looking great mate

Cheers, fingers crossed

I think ditching that front bumper is a great step, I have never liked that front (bar cols doluck original)

To be honest I liked my Supe as it was, just got bored and fancied a change, but I still feel it's a massive gamble to rip the old one apart and try something totally untried, even after seeing it today I am still very nervous to see the final look

It's sat in the back of one of the units and the one side that I photoed is against the wall, so you can't stand back and get a proper over all view, the other side is all together and blended, but they have not started to shape it properly yet, so really gives no clue

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Looking good mate, bet you can't wait to get it back. Finished your wheels yet??

I really want it back now, but I also don't want to rush them, so I have just left it as I need it for the Dragonba11 and they seem confident with that

As for the wheels, due to other commitments I have not had a chance to get all 4 done and the bodyshop wanted them today, so they can get the edge of the arches perfectly in line, so I have had to allow them to paint them for me:innocent: bit of a cop out in the end, but time isn't on my side anymore

Getting there. What's the next step Rogie are you keeping it silver or change it for candy red? :innocent:

It's staying Silver, I did consider a custom paint job, but my funds won't allow it this time and while it's still a daily driver it's a bit pointless maintance wise

Candy Red (PINK) was never an option:p

looking great but as already said brave man with it blended, but should give a stunning outcome!

I realise it's a risk, especially on a daily driver, but the decision was taken out of my hands in the end

Coming together nice :)

Whats all this (sorry about the pics they were took on an iPhone - everyone says that) :D

Steve Jobs fan boi's ..... iPhone's are garbage lol

The iPhone's cmera is it's only let down, although it's sorted now in the newer ones

Looking really good Rog, I would have blended in the top line of the spats to give it an even cleaner look. :thumbs:

Yeah I am in 2 minds on that to be honest Ibrar, the rear bumper is not being blended, as I am not sure what I am doing in the future with the rear, so the idea was to leave the spat line to give the rear some shape before it hits the rear bumper line, but after seeing it today, I am thinking the same as you

The other thing no one has said about (surprisingly) and was the first thing I saw and asked to be sorted. The sideskirt rear bulge is a bit square and lost it's stock curve, it's to annoying to me, so it's being played with on Monday

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Looking great already, will look fantastic when finished. Fingers crossed for you that she's completed for the Dragonball :) We're already short of 5 cars out of 30 for the trip :(

Looks interesting. Looking forward to seeing the end result I bet it will look stunning. Hope you have it for Dragonball.

Thanks guys, I am really pleased with it so far, I was really apprehensive about putting this mish-mash of bits together, but it seems to be working okay

ShellShocked seem reasonably confident of it being ready by the end of the month, so fingers crossed it will be just out in time for the Dragonba11, although it doesn't help when I keep giving them little extras lol

Looking really good Rog, I would have blended in the top line of the spats to give it an even cleaner look. :thumbs:

Just spoken to the Jason at ShellShocked about the top spat line and they are going to have another look at it, but he's not sure about doing a complete smooth and blend, due to the fact that I am not blending the rear bumper. He is a bit worried about how it will look on the joining line with the bumper