The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mot time!

Guigsy

Well my 17 year old "lardy uk spec rust bucket" FLEW through it's mot today with 1 advisory! Which was slight corrosion on the brake lines.

I have a bit of an oil leak out of the back of the block somewhere, but it's tiny. And a few quid to overlook the emissions ;)

Happy chappy :). Into the bodyshop monday for some damage repair to lip and skirt from a pothole in a carpark. And a new windscreen. All ready for the France trip.

I have a bit of an oil leak out of the back of the block somewhere, but it's tiny. And a few quid to overlook the emissions ;)

Have the cam cover seals ever been changed ? if not it could them leaking at the back and running down the block, mine did this so worth a look

I also have the 2 brake lines that run the full length of the chassis rail if you need them, i can do them for 30% off the dealer price.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Have the cam cover seals ever been changed ? if not it could them leaking at the back and running down the block, mine did this so worth a look

I also have the 2 brake lines that run the full length of the chassis rail if you need them, i can do them for 30% off the dealer price.

Iirc they were done when the valve stem seals were done, seems logical to me as they did have a leak before but will check :) The garage said it needs a steam clean to find the source so will get that aswell, the lines are only slightly corroded and i got the same last year lol. I'll do them next time it's in the garage. Don't have time before the France trip.

The auto box has a small one too but there wasn't much gone in terms of oil level so will keep a look out for a spare and keep it topped up