The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power wire for sub

skippyboyo1

Hi guys

ive just fitted a system to my supra and before i attempt the following i thought id run it by here

i need to get my power wire from the battery through the bulk head....how on earth do i do it???

ive looked and cant see an obvious way throught but im guessing it would come through the passenger side near the ecu?

please advise!

thanks in advance [OOPS][/OOPS]

All helpful there guys ill put me glasses on this time and look again!!!! so theres no need to take the offside wheel arch out to do this then no?

Cheers

I ran my power cable out the hole beside the battery, I took the passenger side wheel arch off, tucked it up inside a nice little plastic casing that's already there, through a yellow grommet that heads into the passenger side footwell, then under the carpet in the sill.

I ran my power cable out the hole beside the battery, I took the passenger side wheel arch off, tucked it up inside a nice little plastic casing that's already there, through a yellow grommet that heads into the passenger side footwell, then under the carpet in the sill.

brilliant! thanks TTRickeh

I did the same, gromet above and to the left of the ecu (very hard to see from the engine bay though, so I went from inside the car first then found where it came out by removing the wing).

I had to take the wing and arch off as I was using 0 gauge cable which is stupidly thick, but if you are using 4 or 8 gauge you shouldn't have a prob

Seems i was telling a massive lie!

The gromit i used it on the drivers side! i did wonder why people where taking off wheel archs.

Then ran it under the carpet up and under the rear seats and into the back.

Simples

I know my engine bay looks crap. But im not doing anything to it until the engine is out

The gromit i used it on the drivers side! i did wonder why people where taking off wheel archs.

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12151.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12150.jpg

Simples

I know my engine bay looks crap. But im not doing anything to it until the engine is out

fantastic! thanks mate

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12151.jpg

http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv290/quotetheravenuk/SDC12150.jpg

Simples

well would you belive it! came to fit the power wire this morn and where you have gone through the gromit my clutch fluid bottle is there! the gromit you went through must be a blanking hole.

I couldnt belive id missed such an abvious place when i saw your pic.......thats because its not there!

looks like its offside wheel arch out then.great! happy days! ;)

Today i will be mostly....................................................

[GRIN][/GRIN]