The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mario's 93 hardtop build

Mario

Hi guys last year signed up as club member and thought it was time to start a build thread, I'm Mario and purchased a supra Natural aspirated from june 1993 back in august 2009, The car was already undertaken by previous owners so it needed some workmanship to get it the way i wanted my supra. And there it all started.:) Also very nice to meet you some time in the UK when my car is finished, some pictures of the supra when purchased, P171009_17.59.jpgKopie van P171009_18.00[01].jpgP171009_16.58[01].jpg First i wanted to get rid of the 2JZ-GE, Some pictures from the conversion, DSC00163.JPGDSC00166.JPGDSC00104.jpgvliegwiel.JPGvliegwielopmotor.JPGkoppeling.JPGkoppelingopmotor.JPG Few new parts installed like a standard N/A clutch and lightened flywheel also an aftermarket fmic was fitted, beceause the previous engine was taken from the supra it was a nice moment for a engine bay respray, so it went to a paintshop before the 2JZ-GTE was lifted in. Some pics of the resprayed engine bay and the tt engine, fmic.JPGDSC00172.jpgDSC00173.JPGDSC00190.JPGDSC00176.jpg After the engine conversion i wanted to get rid of the big aftermarket wing which was on the car, also had the glass headlights which were installed a few months earlier but started to get some seal problems, some moisture came inside the headlights, so went to dynamicc polyester centre to get it done, 12082010014.jpgDSC00223.jpgDSC00225.jpgDSC00226.jpg I knew that the W58 was a weak point in my car as its rated to hold max 350 rwhp, but i wanted so bad a little bit more power so went BPU,

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For going BPU several parts were needed,

-walbro 255ltr/hr fuel pump

-greddy boost cut controller

-1,2 bar restrictor ring

-new oem oil filters including kendall 5 W50 oil

-9-12 volt mod

-first decat 2,5'' decat

Some pics added of the bpu parts installed onto the supra,

Already installed on the car were a 3'' TRD high response cat back, 3'' 2nd decat and an fmic,

27092010046.jpg

27092010050.jpg

27092010053.jpg

27092010056.jpg

27092010059.jpg

27092010052.jpg

27092010058.jpg

When going BPU the boost didn't came above ,8/,9 bar opened a thread in members only section and got feedback from several members over here thanks again for all the response, and learned something, the bpu'd 2JZ-GTE didn't made more then the ,9 bar seen on firts dyno chart.

After a few days the W58 didn't survived the gains in power from going bpu, it broke in fourth gear, i made a pull from 90 km/hr to 180km/hr in fourth almost at redline i heard something rattling and had no traction at all, so pulled over and called a service which came across and took my car away,

At the garage they found this, several broken teeth which came out of the gearbox when they removed the drain plug,

Decided to go with a v160 in combination with an A02B differential, The A02B diff came from an supra TT AUTO,

The v160 had some problems in the past with the second gear, and a synchro mesh ring was damaged the gearbox went to NMB MOTORS where they inspected the gearbox and renewed all the parts which were damaged, some pictures added from the gearbox conversion,

Also the clutch and flywheel has been changed for stock TT parts, received a used TT flywheel and a new clutch,

getrag1.jpg

new parts.jpg

baksteun.jpg

clutchset.jpg

kop. plaat.jpg

vliegwiel.jpg

midair1.jpg

bijna.jpg

midair2.jpg

DSC00264.jpg

DSC00265.jpg

DSC00242.jpg

Edited by Mario
forgot to add pics of the first dyno chart, (see edit history)

With all the feedback given from not hitting the 1,2 bar of boost i decided to go both ways, install a boost controller and get rid of the cat-back which was on,

bought an almost new 4'' hks titanium racing which was originally for a nissan skyline, took her to EPS, they build custom exhausts and especially for american cars,

So it was kind of funny to walk in with an 4'' exhaust to get it fitted onto a japanese car:),

They had a little work on it to make it fit without touching the 3'' 2nd decat which has a 2 bolt pattern flange and the cat back had a v-band clamp, but they managed to fit the exhaust for me, friendly and competent welders over there!!!

Supra went on a dyno to get the boostcontroller installed etc and receiving some new data. dyno chart is added. Rear seats are deleted and the floor is covered with an hand made ''Porsche carpet'',

At the moment i'm pleased with the results and was getting all parts together for a return towards the stock looks of the supra, parts bought were frontbumper with lip from DC Automotive thanks Dane, clear side markers, original side mirrors(electric) hope the fittings are still beneath the side mirrors which are on the car at the moment, a set of stock skirts and rear spats.

Bottomplate for beneath the engine, and some other small bits,

The respray is going to be performed by DPC, not really decided yet on the color but still got some time to think, always open for suggestions:)

DSC00271.jpg

DSC00279.jpg

DSC00286.jpg

DSC00296.jpg

DSC00299.jpg

DSC00319.jpg

DSC00331.jpg

DSC00333.jpg

24022011029.jpg

foto.jpg

Edited by Mario
forgot to add picture of the deleted rear seats (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Few days ago my pre-facelift taillights got exchanged for the facelift taillights, didn't knew that they were a straight exchange, but am glad with the newer look of my supra, this will be the very last time you will see my supra in this color:d pre-facelift taillights.JPG

facelift taillights.jpg

• 2 months later...

Finally all is coming together now:), after a few bad lucks all seems to be on schedule again, the car is in the paintshop now and they booked some nice progress already for so far, i couldn't take any pictures yet from the car being worked on yesterday but will receive some coming week(so excited but probaply won't be able to read my home mail box at work), brought these parts towards dpc yesterday. 01092011133.jpg

10102011150.jpg

10102011154.jpg

And some nice 67mm dbbturbo arrived yesterday from th uk, bought from another forum member.

But this littlle friend has to wait till its time to go single:d

11102011162.jpg

Several pictures i received today of my car being worked on at the moment,

Holes where originally were fitted the reflector lights in the rear quarterpanels are closed, also the holes where the rear spoiler was fitted as the areal hole are closed.

Also the arches are rolled to fit 11J plus wheels for future needs;).

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

Are you spraying it in that garage? Please say your tidying it first lol.

Totally agree with you, this is just body work preparations, after this Bjorn of DPC will inspect and if all work delegated is perfect, he will collect and drop it off at another employee who works for DPC but is only doing the paint ''part'' , once there it will be resprayed in an controlled area with humidity control heat control etc, after the respray my supra will be there when the paint is hardened, after that part the supra will be transported to DPC again where they will fit all the stock body plastics, except the bonnet, if all the parts are on the supra and fit perfectly, the supra again will be stripped, the parts which needs to be sprayed will be sent to the paintshop to be sprayed in the same color as the car, and will be returned to DPC to be fitted onto my car.

I get your concerns, i was really happy to receive the photos from the progress they booked so far, i'm far away at the moment and cannot come over time and time again, really difficult to stay on top of it, it's an expensive respray so hope that the results are worth it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to come over to the paintshop today :dand took some pictures of the progress,

DSC00362.jpg

one of the frontwings in the actual color, not finished yet,

DSC00363.jpg

frontwings, waiting to be finished

DSC00364.jpg

diff. angle fr.wing

DSC00365.jpg

almost ready for entering the spraycabine.

DSC00366.jpg

DSC00367.jpg

DSC00368.jpg

DSC00369.jpg

Arches rolled, to fit wider wheel for future needs. Not completely finished yet, DSC00370.jpg

DSC00371.jpg

DSC00372.jpg

DSC00373.jpg

DSC00374.jpg

originally the supra side(skirts) came with an sort of profile, the picture shows new profile, but will be finished in white off course.

DSC00375.jpg

DSC00376.jpg

DSC00377.jpg

DSC00378.jpg

DSC00379.jpg

I was told today that the hole where was fitted the third brake light in which was removed before i got this supra, was filled with an thin plate which was glued, not welded. New plate to fill the hole is welded now, rear hatch is in the correct color but needs to be sprayed again, little marks i was told, i couldn't see them:)

DSC00380.jpg

DSC00381.jpg

DSC00382.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00385.jpg

DSC00387.jpg

DSC00388.jpg

DSC00389.jpg

One of the doors, not finished yet.

All is looking well, new bolts, window seals,clips and other small mounting/installation materials are going to be ordered coming week so when the respray is done the body parts can be installed with fresh bolts etc.

When finished the c/f VIS racing bonnet will be installed, if i'm not sattisfied with the look of c/f on superwhite, the bonnet will be sprayed too. But will see i really don't know how it will look in the flesh when its on.

DSC00383.jpg

DSC00384.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00390.jpg

not kean on the centre brake light removal but this is going to look lovely. makes we want to build another when i read threads like this

Cheers Rob, another build:d Went through all the pages of you're build thread a few months ago, and i have to say stunning build even the gearbox you have done, excellent mate. But if you start a new one i will be reading the same amount of pages with joy.;)

• 3 weeks later...