The mkiv Supra Owners Club

G-Max Springs

ellis

Due to urgent need for some lowering springs due to a broken one and a car up in the air on a ramp, I've just ordered a set of G-Max springs (on a slight budget with these as it is an unexpected outlay and I've just got the cash together for a major service before Dragonball).

Anybody got these fitted (I think I've seen the name before on here)? I know Mr Wilson fitted a set for a customer and he said they were looooow!

Anybody got them on theirs?

Edited by ellis (see edit history)

You will have to let us know what you think of them and how low they go (pun intended)

How much were they and where did you get them Ellis

I might be looking to drop mine a bit, depending on how close the TRD front sits to the floor

Eurocarparts - £124 delivered (Friday)

As mine was already low I'm just trying to match the previous height.

Will take pics Friday and post them up.

Fronts fitted - ride height is identical to the old springs at the front which is probably more luck than judgement. Rears will be done on Monday.

Ride with the 2nd hand Bilsteins and new springs at the front is hugely improved over the old ones - it's only when something like this happens that you realise just how bad the handling was progressively getting. Hoping when the rears are done (no new dampers though) that the whole car will feel much different. So far, so good!

Springs now fitted all round.

Fronts have 2nd hand yellow Bilsteins from Mr Wilson, rears still have the original yellow Bilsteins.

As you can see form the pic, ride height is virtually unchanged from previous springs.

Whilst the ride will never be as good as 17s with Chris's set up, the ride is far, far better than it has been since I've had it! Not that that's saying much - it's on 19s, heavy wheels, tramlines and is still a firm ride, but the newer Billies up front and the new springs make it feel a bit more planted and it rides bumps and our delightful potholes much better than it did.

Will see how things fair over the next couple of weeks.

That's far too low for good handling or decent tyre wear. If you want it higher I can re machine the dampers to give you the option of higher ride height with the same springs.

What sort of cost are we looking at to do that Chris (fronts only - rear height is pretty good actually!)?