The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who do you use?

Notractionin4th

I'm just wondering if you guys would be kind enough to let me know who you use to carry out work on your Supra's? For my region preferably ;)

I know you're probably going to say it depends on what sort of work you want done obviously. Mine's currently at a local performance tuner but he hasn't worked on many Supra's in the past. I have asked him to fit an electronic boost controller and set it up and change the cambelt too. Whilst he's had the car and it's been up on his lift he's found that a previous owner has bodged in some sort of random cat, i guess to get it through an MOT? :rolleyes:, and the screamer pipe off the external wastegate is exiting directly above some bushes? so need repostioning.

All in all he has advised me to take it to someone who knows Supra's inside out (he said Fensport, which I obviously know who/where they are) to get these jobs done and also set the boost controller up with it's Hi and Lo settings and generally check the mapping etc.

Any suggestions please guys?

Thanks

Hay pal im in East Anglia aswell. Bedford. I have used Whifbitz alot and very impressed with the work they carried out. Im back there again end of the month hopefully for my clutch.

Iv started using Advanced Motorsport in Silverstone aswell. Very helpful and friendly guys. Seem to know what there doing. But i havent used them much so far as i have so much trust in Whifbitz.

I used to use a company in Bletchly (well known and respected guy in the 1/4 events) but iv had way to many problems with them even having my car 1/2 writen off as it rolled back off the ramp in there workshop!!!! But im not going around naming people.

So 1st choice id say Whifbitz in Enfield 50mins from Bedford and 2nd choice Advanced Motorsport in Sport in Silverstone (also about 50 mins from Bedford) as i havent had much experience using them.

Hope that helped mate

Paul

Edited by a98pmalcolm (see edit history)

Excellent, thanks Paul I appreciate your help mate. I always knew Whifbitz would make the short list, Paul's reputation speaks for itself. He's 2 hours drive from me by the looks of it, but like Mikey said a good reputation is definitely worth travelling for.

One thing I have found a little surprising though the more I think about it, even though I haven't been on here long I have looked through a lot of various threads already and I can't say as I've seen any reference to Fensport anywhere? They've been around for ages now and have built some monsterous cars. They're only just over an hour away from me.