The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alarm Going Off - Will Not Stop..!!

Havard

Was woken up about 45 minutes ago with the alarm to the Supe going off. I took off the cover and tried to switch it off.......no response.

It looks as if I have left the drvers door slightly open although locked but the interior light has killed the battery.

I have disconnected the - terminal on the battery but the alarm is still beeping although at half the freqency it was when the battery was connected.

Any ideas on how I can kill it?

The battery is in charge but from a trickle charger. It's a bit too early to get a full charger/starter from my neighbour who is still in bed.

H.

I have sorted it but fooking hell that was stressfull...!!

Jurgens guys fitted a cracking alarm, as it is going off if you open the bonnet it seriously hurts the ear drums and my neighbours have the pitch forks out as I type. I had to disconnect the battery and put on charge as fast as I can. I charged the battery with my trickle charger for 15 minutes on an advanced setting and re connected it. Luckily there was enough charge to activate the door locks and switch the alarm off. The car still won't crank but I'll leave it on charge for the rest of the day and then take it out for a spin this evening.

I'll consider the brick next time..!!

H.

If you have another car and jump leads then hook the 2 together would be worth a try if you get the same happen again.

Thanks Dunk, I don't have any jump leads and if I did they wouldn't have been long enough as the Supra was parked with the front end right in the corner of our drive. I couldn't get another car within 10 feet of the bonnet.

The battery is charging up nicely. I just wonder if I have significantly shortened it's life by flattening it.

H.

I had this problem before! I think it was something to do with immobiliser and the battery running low. Pain the arse to sort out.

I had left the drivers door slightly ajar and locked the car. The interior light had been on for two days or so but I am still surprised that the alarm didn't go off straight away as they are usually linked to the interior light aren't they?

Not if you flatten it then recharge it, problems come when its left empty with a drain constantly on it.

Cheers Swampy

If you have another car and jump leads then hook the 2 together would be worth a try if you get the same happen again.

I have had to do this several times when the battery has got real low and i can't turn the alarm off. Just make sure you put the jump leads on the right way.

I shot one with the twelve gauge once, in frustration, when it went off at night. That works well :) Needs someone trusting to hold it by its wires dangling outside the engine bay, but that's what wives are for, isn't it?

Yes Chris, wives are for shooting with a 12 guage...!!