The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cleaning Plastic Trim

Jellybean

Be interested to see if this stuff really does as the video shows.Might clear up cloudy carbon fibre.

I tried it on the Window Surrounds/air box/door rubbers/ 50% of the scuttle guard, they look wet now. Will let you know if it lasts

I need to do the rest of the scuttle guard, nightmare to get it clean and I reckon a paint brush is my best bet to get the C4 between the grooves.

The C4 trim restorer is very good. Meguiars APC would be good to clean them off before applying. You will most likely need a brush to do all parts of the supra scuttle panel :)

I think a Brush is the way to go alright, I tried the pads supplied but very difficult to get between the grooves

I just have to be careful, I only have 15ml but it is suppose to do the scuttle panel 2-3 times over

The C4 trim restorer is very good. Meguiars APC would be good to clean them off before applying. You will most likely need a brush to do all parts of the supra scuttle panel :)

Would a stiff toothbrush do the job for getting into the grooves?

Would a stiff toothbrush do the job for getting into the grooves?

It is not so much applying it , its trying to get the trim in as New condition(absolutly zero dirt) Once you put this stuff on it bonds to the plastic, if you have any dirt on it it will get sealed in

Just had a quick look at the window trim, looks like the stuff is coming off. It rained today, 10-15 hrs after application. where the small beads of water rested, you can see the outline on the window frame.(looks like it has peeled off)

I cleaned it with Alcohol , will get it up to Ians and do it indoors with the steam cleaner or see what he has. I will see what the autoglym engine degreaser has in it.