The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Member and Supra Soon.. :D

Guest BRIAJER

Guest BRIAJER

Hey Guys,

Signed up yesterday, away to look at a Supra next week (in 6 days).

Currently have a 350Z (Blue) (2005) GT Spec, nismo V1 bodykit, 19" LMGT4 wheels.

Dual 2.25" custom stainless exhaust with High Flow Cats, Cosworth Panel Filter

ISO Thermal 5/16th Intake Manifold Spacer. Uprev Tuning software.

Looking for more power out of my next car and have narrowed it down to Supra or R33 GTR. Keeping the 350Z as my day to day car.

Seems like a good Forum, with the right structure and input from the members.

Dont want to start a post in the wrong place so i'll ask about Wheels later on today..

Cheers Guys..

Guest BRIAJER

Here you go Guys..

Im just north of Aberdeen, Fraserburgh.

Im actually going to see that 700hp Yellow Supra that Jurgen is selling

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2011/supra5.htm

Hopefully I like it and we can come to an agreement on the Pirce..

I've read good things about the Supras, on the whole they seem very over-engineered and mechanically strong compared to most modern cars..

Cheers for the interest guys.. :)

350z.jpg

exhaust.jpg

new discs.jpg

side.jpg

Here you go Guys..

Im just north of Aberdeen, Fraserburgh.

Im actually going to see that 700hp Yellow Supra that Jurgen is selling

http://www.jm-imports.co.uk/cardetails/toyota/2011/supra5.htm

Hopefully I like it and we can come to an agreement on the Pirce..

I've read good things about the Supras, on the whole they seem very over-engineered and mechanically strong compared to most modern cars..

Cheers for the interest guys.. :)

wow how bizzare welcome jerry lol

Guest BRIAJER

Yeah I thought I'd have a read of the forum before I buy to learn a bit about the Supra.

I was planning on phoning you today and dinner time, like I said I would 2 weeks ago to the day.

Im home on tuesday and planning on coming down on thursday.

Just need to know a few more things like the Cars Reg Number for arranging insurance (I've already had a quote based on the full spec). Also can you put the car up on the lift on the day. Id like a look underneath as its a 16/17yr old shell.

Thanks for the welcome, Cheers

Yeah I thought I'd have a read of the forum before I buy to learn a bit about the Supra.

I was planning on phoning you today and dinner time, like I said I would 2 weeks ago to the day.

Im home on tuesday and planning on coming down on thursday.

Just need to know a few more things like the Cars Reg Number for arranging insurance (I've already had a quote based on the full spec). Also can you put the car up on the lift on the day. Id like a look underneath as its a 16/17yr old shell.

Thanks for the welcome, Cheers

yep no problem mate we can fit on ramps for you etc... reg is m900 mav

i will give it some polish and petrol for thursday.

Guest BRIAJER

Thanks Jurgen, probably wont need to phone now as you've answered on here.

Im taking a hire car down, leaving early thurday morning so im there about dinner time.

Hire car will give me a way home if I dont buy the car and save me having to pay a return train fare in advance.

But its good for one way travel as well because I can leave the car at an enterprise depot should I buy the car.

I'll call on wednesday afternoon to confirm..

What mods have you done with your GTR? COBB Accessport?

What power is it running? They apparently dont need much to get them up to 600whp and 2.9sec 0-60.

Larger Y/Mid Pipe and the accessport reflash is all thats needed i think..

Guest BRIAJER
Hi and welcome :)

Good choice of trader to buy from :thumbs:

Yeah from everything i've read Jurgen is a great guy to deal with

Cheers Guys..

Thanks Jurgen, probably wont need to phone now as you've answered on here.

Im taking a hire car down, leaving early thurday morning so im there about dinner time.

Hire car will give me a way home if I dont buy the car and save me having to pay a return train fare in advance.

But its good for one way travel as well because I can leave the car at an enterprise depot should I buy the car.

I'll call on wednesday afternoon to confirm..

What mods have you done with your GTR? COBB Accessport?

What power is it running? They apparently dont need much to get them up to 600whp and 2.9sec 0-60.

Larger Y/Mid Pipe and the accessport reflash is all thats needed i think..

big thread on R35 here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?217056-JM-Imports-850BHP-Jun-4.0-Stroker-R35-GTR-Project-Greddy-TD06-20G-Twin-Turbos/page19

Guest BRIAJER
Hey welcome to the club!! Nice looking 350z you've got there , will be a nice daily driver :D I'd put money down to bet you buy one of Jurgens cars, he's well respected on here for selling decent motors :)

If im buying one im buying it to keep so hopefully it will last me a long time..

I have a few ideas to enhance the car even further, i'll share them with you if this all goes ahead..

Thats an absolutely monster build on the R35.. Well done Jurgen. Out of the factory the R35 is one of the most amazing cars in production. Uprev are also working on software for the R35, but COBB have been doing it longer and are more experienced with tuning the GTR..

Welcome to the site. I'm in Aberdeen, one of my good mates has recently bought a 313 350Z. It's a very nice car although I haven't had a chance to compare performance with mine yet, I think it'd be reasonably close as i'm stock, so i'm hurrying to up the boost a bit :D

Guest BRIAJER

Cheers TTRickeh.. I really like my 350Z. Could never get rid of it. Has a really good torque band from 2500 to redline. Pulls through the gears nicely. Nice handling and great for drifting with the Limited Slip Diff. Has 275 wide tyres at the back but can spin them no problem.

My 350Z would benefit from a fully adjustable coilover set because theres a little too much body roll at high speed for my liking.

Im really looking forward to see how a Supra compares to a more modern but very similar car.

I think a stock 313 350Z would be a good match for a stock Supra.

You planning any mods?

I've been back and forth with a few different mods. Power wise my only mod atm is a double decat but since i'm on the stock exhaust i'm still at stock boost. I'm going to get a more free flowing exhaust and pop in a restrictor ring if I need it to raise boost from 0.8bar to 1.1bar, and I think i'll eventually swap the LSD from the auto Supra to give me a more acceleration biased final drive ratio, but apart from that that's me for the forseeable future.

I know what you mean about body roll that's a pet hate of mine, i've got Tein Flex suspension on the Supra so it's not bad. I do wish the Supra was a bit newer, no aged parts etc, but if it was it'd be much more expensive. I think it punches above it's weight for the price bracket anyway.

There are plenty of Supras up here and we meet up fairly regularly so it's easy to come have a look at ours if you want. Hope you manage to find a nice one.

Guest BRIAJER

My Rays LMGT4's are starting to bubble on the spokes, the rim is polished alluminium though. I'll get them refurbed when the weather gets better.

I fancy going over to Germany later this year or next and legally maxing out my 350Z. Top speed should be the high side of 180mph.

Im up for meeting up in Aberdeen sometime, I dont live that far away

Jurgen definetly has a Supreb reputation, I had to do a bit of reading to find out if 700hp is ok on a stock block.

No other car could take that without going forged internals, but a Supra can as far as im aware. :D

If I buy it I want it to last, the yellow one seems to have been done properly, I spoke to Garage Whifbitz who did all the work and

got the background on the car.

Anyone know if its true these cars all have common fittment?

EVO 5 - X - 350 Z - SKYLINE GTR GTST GTT - 200zx - supra - rx7