The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie with supra and silvia (pics) :)

Guest Gymbob

Guest Gymbob

Hey everyone, i'm relatively new to the club and never introduced myself, i own a s14a silvia and a mk4 supra (from last week) im debating breaking the 14a even though its only just nearly finished :( the supra is pretty standard import with tein coilovers and a uprated rad, its a twin turbo auto which has done 116k km.

If i sell the silvia il be making it more drift spec, my plans would be,

general BPU until i get used to it

full cage

oil cooler

extra lock arms etc

2 way diff

etc etc

i have a hx35 holset sat here how do they spool on 2jz's would a hx40 be better or if its a little laggy with a bep housing?

Is it worth me buying a R154 gearbox or do they tend to not last, how much do the v160's go for? i need to get swatting up on my supra info :)

Anyway thanks and heres a few pics..

Silvia

Supra

Supra with my grids (photoshop)

Guest Gymbob
Welcome mate!! Both cars look fantastic :) I hope you don't decide to break the Silvia, get it a respray and it'll look proper mean :D

thanks guys, itll be a struggle to keep both thats the only problem, whats the widest wheels you can fit on standard supra arches with a roll and maybe flare, the works on the silvia are 18x9.5 et-10 front and 18x12.5 et-5 rear with a 225/40 front and 275/40 rear i heard you can fit a 275 on standard supra rear arches

thanks guys, itll be a struggle to keep both thats the only problem, whats the widest wheels you can fit on standard supra arches with a roll and maybe flare, the works on the silvia are 18x9.5 et-10 front and 18x12.5 et-5 rear with a 225/40 front and 275/40 rear i heard you can fit a 275 on standard supra rear arches

I've got some 19 9.5 at +33 on the front and they are uber flush I will have to run a little neg camber and slight stretch + remove top bolt and bend tab to fit them!!!

I believe you can fit 12" on the rear at +42 iirc but that is tight!!

Any wider or deeper offsets you will need new wings and quarters. See nur motersports.

Guest Gymbob
Sup does look very low mate!

Loving the wheels on the Silvia! What are they!?

Thanks for replys, so is the v160 £2000 with everything needed to covert to manual (apart from clutch and fly) or is that the box alone?

The wheels on the silvia are Work rezax 2's :)

And yep as my title above the pic ive photoshopped the grids on but they will sit that low ish im test fitting them this weekend anyway :) just waiting on some internal drive m12x1.5's (that's the right stud pattern isn't it)? lol

*Welcome back mate, nice mkiv you have there, and if you are thinking of braking the 14a make sure you give me a call first fella.

Your bestest friend Nevins lol.*

haha we'll see my man :)

Edited by Gymbob (see edit history)

Thanks for replys, so is the v160 £2000 with everything needed to covert to manual (apart from clutch and fly) or is that the box alone?

My english isn't perfect so don't hit me...[sAD][/sAD]

I am converting my auto to a V160. The total cost including all new interior stuff (pedals,shifter console,...), C's shifter, TRD diff and labour... hold on... £6000,-.

The HP figures below are open to discussion... The V160 can/will hold more HP/TQ than the R154.

Choose R154 or V160:

Depends on your budget and the kind of HP/torque figures you want make with the Supra.

V160 - 6 speed, total cost up to £6000,-

Can hold insane amounts of HP/torque. (up to or beyond 1000HP)

It can be done cheaper if you do the work yourself.

R154 - 5 speed, total costs up to £3000,-

Can hold a lot of HP/torque. (up to 500-600HP, but even more seems possible)

It also depends on the driver, if you trash/launch it alot it can and will break.

You can upgrade the tranny using parts from www.driftmotion.com. The costs goes up of course...

There are multiple versions of the R154. If you get the right one the stick position will be spot on, otherwise you have to fabricate an extension.

More info can be found on this forum and www.supraforums.com.

my 2cts,

Dennis

Guest Gymbob
My english isn't perfect so don't hit me...[sAD][/sAD]

I am converting my auto to a V160. The total cost including all new interior stuff (pedals,shifter console,...), C's shifter, TRD diff and labour... hold on... £6000,-.

The HP figures below are open to discussion... The V160 can/will hold more HP/TQ than the R154.

Choose R154 or V160:

Depends on your budget and the kind of HP/torque figures you want make with the Supra.

V160 - 6 speed, total cost up to £6000,-

Can hold insane amounts of HP/torque. (up to or beyond 1000HP)

It can be done cheaper if you do the work yourself.

R154 - 5 speed, total costs up to £3000,-

Can hold a lot of HP/torque. (up to 500-600HP, but even more seems possible)

It also depends on the driver, if you trash/launch it alot it can and will break.

You can upgrade the tranny using parts from www.driftmotion.com. The costs goes up of course...

There are multiple versions of the R154. If you get the right one the stick position will be spot on, otherwise you have to fabricate an extension.

More info can be found on this forum and www.supraforums.com.

my 2cts,

Dennis

:O i've been looking around and found one for 1.2k (v160) does the trans tunnel need adapting? from the auto to manual or will it all line up exactly the same if you have the right prop etc

:O i've been looking around and found one for 1.2k (v160) does the trans tunnel need adapting? from the auto to manual or will it all line up exactly the same if you have the right prop etc

That's cheep!! Buy it now!

These usually go for at least 2k on there own!