The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need to sell my supe.... How much?

Kalel

Ok I'm in abit of a pickle. I really don't want to let go of my precious supra, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

I really need the money & plus even if I didn't, it will be quite difficult to keep her.

Long story short:

I've been accepted to pilot training school.

passed my CAA cat 1 medical.

Cost is approx £62,000

Now I've spent a fair amount of £ on the car but I don't know what the value is or weather it would even change due to this. If you could possibly tell mr how much ££ it's worth it'd help me decide weather selling her would be of any benefit to me. Thanks in advance.

Toyota supra rz 95/N reg

(JZA80 2JZ-GTE)

Diamond White, Rare 6speed manual twin turbo edition. 120k/km (75k miles) on the clock

Road tax: 30 DEC 2012

Mot: 03 MAY 2011

A/C / electric pack which includes full electronic functions (seats/ mirrors/ etc), + all standard bits & pieces such as pas/ abs/ traction control etc etc

Installed Modifications:

Tein superdrift coilovers: £1050

Blitz LM intercooler: £1200

HKS SSQV v3: £189

Apexi power induction kit: £169

HKS hipower 409 exhaust: £460

Nardi tourino steering wheel & hub: £180

Apexi boost controller: £299

Apexi power fcon (fuel controller & ecu): £199

Full professional tinting (5%) £140

Brand new battery (2yr guarantee): £70

Double din JVC stereo (with USB & iPod connection): £180

Clifford avanguard with intellistart (professional dealer fitted with certificate): £799

Smart-track tracker system (with certificate): £199

- Total: £5,134

Uninstalled Modifications:

(I haven't had time to install these but they will be included in the sale)

Stainless steel 2.5" 2nd decat pipe: £80

Walbro 255 fuel pump: £70

Billet alluminium pulley kit: £80

Blitz turbo timer (pointless as car has Clifford intellistart system)

- Total: £230

Bad bits:

needs to have the speed converter replaced. As when cruising the warning light on occasion decides to show (a code 42 I think? Can't remember.) Thor converters have been out of stock and I don't want a rubbish eBay one for £20 which will be unreliable.

Edited by Kalel
Added bad bits (see edit history)

Depression! Lol I know I won't see that money again. But if I get £9,000 that would be very handy in my current situation. Specially as my insurance alone is £5,460 a year i'd be saving masses of cash

£5,460 a year insurance?! And you pay that?!

Blimey!

£5,460 a year insurance?! And you pay that?!

Blimey!

I'm 24 with 3 years no claims... And sky insurance DIDNT even QUOTE. Had to search around that's the cheapest I got.....

Wait for it...

3rd party fire and theft cover only

I'm 24 with 3 years no claims... And sky insurance DIDNT even QUOTE. Had to search around that's the cheapest I got.....

Wait for it...

3rd party fire and theft cover only

I found fully comp was about £50 cheaper for me than TPFT.

Crazy price that!

Turned out over £1,000 more fully comp.

So how much you reckon I should/could let her go for?

If I got £9,000 I'm happy

I'm nowhere near as experienced as some of the people on here (before I get told off), but I'd say £9k is about the right price to ask.

Good luck with selling it!

If you put it up for 8K you would probably have someone take your hand off. People always take advantage of people needing cash so be careful. It would be worth 9-10k (IMO), depending on condition, if you had time to wait on the right buyer, unfortunately you aren't in that position.

Your best bet would probably be auction style. Ebay with a reserve would be the best bet IMO. That way you get the most amount people are willing to pay for your car while having the reserve there to protect in case there is little interest (one person thinking they will get a bargain).

Of course the huge downfall is the ridiculous ebay members and ebay charges.

Good luck :)

thank you for the info & advice.

ok I'll put it down on pistonheads at £9,250 and I'd be willing to drop to £8,500ish mark.

Unless it's a mkivowners club member then I'll drop it to £8,000.

Does that sound fair? As I mentioned I'm not after all the money I've spent on her, and I'm not trying to con any new supe owners. But I would like what the value of the car is :(

Does that sound fair? As I mentioned I'm not after all the money I've spent on her, and I'm not trying to con any new supe owners. But I would like what the value of the car is :(

I think that sounds perfectly fair. A decent for sale ad will help huge amounts too :)

thank you for the info & advice.

ok I'll put it down on pistonheads at £9,250 and I'd be willing to drop to £8,500ish mark.

Unless it's a mkivowners club member then I'll drop it to £8,000.

Put it in the classifieds on here as I'm sure a member would have the car off you and you know it's going to a good home :)