The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Selling Advice

SupraMan Mk4

As the title suggests I am looking for advice on selling my Supra.

This will be my first experience selling, as I normally p/x.

How should I go about structuring my advert. I know the basics like putting milage, pics, service history, security device, import date, any mods, number of owners and tax/mot expiration but after that im effectively lost.

Also I am putting it up at the end of the month for £4.5k. Am I being unrealistic? I am not in a rush to sell as I have the ability to store it so I wont need to do a 'quick sale' price. With summer around the corner I may even enjoy the odd ride if I still have it.

Any hints, tips, advice most welcome.

Paul

Have a look in the classified section here and on Piston Heads and you'll see good and bad adverts which should give you a good idea on layout etc.

You could have a practice in this thread ;)

Good pictures are essential in my opinion, both sides, front and rear, engine bay and interior.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Where the space allows decent size, crystal clear photos definitely help a sale. A contact phone number with times to get in touch is essential. A list of what has been done to it, or wants doing to it helps. An HONEST description will save justifiable rants from people travelling long distances to see it's not at all as described. The reg number should be added to allow independent checks on finance outstanding et cetera. Take only cash as even bank drafts can be rescinded later if found fraudulent. If people want to use a draft speak to your bank regarding what checks to make first. Watch out for scams (Nigerians, usually, in my experience). Good luck.

how come your selling ?? thought you going to france etc...

Im still planning on going mate, will be the last hurrah for the Supra. So long as it goes through its MOT ok on the 27th April I will confirm my place and payment. Plus will be a good place to take some avertising pics, weather pending. :)

How about something like this - (This is a mock up not a genuine for sale thread.)

The time ahs come to part company with my Supra. Please find details below, any Q's please ask - (Will obviously add detailed pics to the genuine article.)

'94 L reg SZ Aerotop - I think.

She’s truly got that head turning quality about her, whether it's her throaty exhaust, her thundering engine, the rumbling beat from the sound system or just the pure beauty of her sexy white curves, that gets her noticed. I really don't know, but what I can be sure of is she's made me a very happy and proud owner.

I made the most of last summer driving around with the roof off, laping up all those lovely rays. Enjoying all the thrilling cornering power she has to offer. (For an NA anyway :( lol )

As well as all the standard features you would expect you will also find: -

18" 5 spoke silver racing alloys with polished lip and low(ish) profile tyres.

Full body kit, with front splitter, side skirts, rear spoiler and spats, which efficiently improves aerodynamics, as well as improving overall appearance.

Big bore sports stainless steel exhaust, for that spine tingling deep burble.

Induction Kit, providing a little bit of extra power, extra torque and improved throttle.

Braided Brake lines.

Naturally aspirated. FTW!

Carbon effect dash panels and a JVC Double Din headunit with Ipod/bluetooth functionality.

Also I have boxed - (JVC EXAD KD-AVX1 CD/DVD/MP3/WMA/DAB with a 3 inch full colour TFT monitor, which can be used as a rear-view camera, simple to watch you films or navigate the player using the GUI menu. Comes complete with built-in premium speaker system, remote control and removable front plate. Larger front brakes and calipers )

Security:

Clifford 650 Mk2 - ideal for the Aero with the added remote start feature for those cold winter mornings. (Certificate included.)

Tinted electric windows, additional provision for security and privacy, whist deflecting the suns glare and adding to the overall appearance.

I am the 3rd owner, the Odo currently reads 125,000km. This is a mixture of Miles and Km. (80-85k miles approx.)

Recently serviced - spark plugs, oil, replaced brake fluid, brake pads, braided brake lines, cambelt, pulley.

Some service history, and past MOT's.

MKiv Supra SZ Aerotop 94 Lreg

I am the 3rd owner and the odometer reads 125,000 kms which is a mixture of

kms and miles, (80k-85k miles approx)

The car has service history and mots whilst in the UK and was imported in ?/?/????, it

also has ? tax and ? mot

It has been recently serviced ?/?/???? and had new plugs, engine oil + filter, brake fluid, braided lines, cam belt and pulley (which pulley)

As well as all the standard features you would expect this car also has

18" 5 spoke silver racing alloys with polished lip and low profile tyres.

Full body kit, with front splitter, side skirts, rear spoiler and spats (make ?)

Stainless steel sports exhaust (make ?)

Induction Kit (make ?)

Braided Brake lines

Carbon effect dash panels and a JVC Double Din headunit with Ipod/bluetooth functionality.

Also I have boxed - (JVC EXAD KD-AVX1 CD/DVD/MP3/WMA/DAB with a 3 inch full colour TFT monitor, which can be used as a rear-view camera, simple to watch you films or navigate the player using the GUI menu. Comes complete with built-in premium speaker system, remote control and removable front plate. Larger front brakes and calipers )

Security

Clifford 650 Mk2 - ideal for the Aero with the added remote start feature for those cold winter mornings. (Certificate included.)

Tinted electric windows

Price £4495 ono no part ex

I would remove most of the sales pitch and stick to listing items the car has and what they are. I've edited your ad above but it still needs tidying up with more info where i've put the ?'s

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)