The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil level help

evinX

Hey all, i got myself a new oil cluster as mine was playing up. I topped my oil up to the full level and the engine light has gone of, but now my oil level light stays on, any ideas as to what could be the problem? wiring? where to do i start, please help as the supras engine is the most important part of the car

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/206249_1973947985319_1141640031_4007800_1670188_n.jpg

thanks, Kev

You need to remove the light cluster and re solder all the dry joints that are causing the problems, but i suspect that now the actual oil level sensor is faulty, so your going to have the check that, there is a guide to re soldering the idiot light unit on here somewhere, not sure if there is also a guide to replacing/checking the sensor, do a search.

Re soldered my old one and it was still cruddy so got a working one, ill go onto the sensor option, where abouts is it located? got a part number? thanks

In the sump next to where the dipstick goes in, they are around £200 from Mr T and ive had a few going wrong now.

Is dry solder a problem on the other side for the odometer? My engine light comes with a dtc for vehicle speed sensor.

One of the problems could be the odometer and am just wondering when I read this was if the solder can be an issue on the odometer

In the sump next to where the dipstick goes in, they are around £200 from Mr T and ive had a few going wrong now.

So im going to have to carry out a full oil change due to having to remove the sump:(

Roll on summer project :D

You don't need to remove the sump, the sensor is held in with four bolts - it has a float that sticks down into the oil. Can't remember for sure if the hole where it goes is above the normal oil level but I think it is.

I think it is too, but it definitely will be if you jack up that side of the car to get access to it from underneath.