The mkiv Supra Owners Club

servicing!! :)

welshbuddy

Guest wantthatone

i had the brakes done, new lexus upgrade with new discs & calipers, with chris wilson fast road pads, new braided lines fitted then a fresh new brake fluid flushed & filled, i then had the engine oil drained fitted with new filter & oil, new K&N panel filter, replaced the rad hoses & flushed the system through & filled with

toyota red pre mixed long life, new dizzy cap & rotor, new iridium spark plugs, then a bespoke set of new HT leads made by performance leads, feels a new car now.

upgrading the brakes with new disks and calipers and braided lines is hardly a "service". Nether is replacing the rad hoses, dizzy cap and ht leads... OR replaceing ALL the fluids.

id ignore that it seems wantthatone has just given you a list of what he had done to his car and not read the origonal post ;)

Not that its not a bad idea. infact its good. if the above need changing then by all means do them if you can afford them, but they are not typical service items. if they dont need doing then dont.

i wouldnt have thaught you need to change ALL the fluids. You dont ALWAYS need to change the plugs ether. you dont HAVE to change the filter on each service. just clean it out. it depends on how many miles its done.

But if you dont know what was done on the last service. I'd have the brakes checked in general. The Oil changed along with the coolant. The rest id just have topped up if it needs it. I think there are a couple of levels of service. of varying prices doing different things depending on mileage. id just do the appropriate. it depends how well the car has been looked after previously.

if uve met nevins im sure he will help.

p.s... im no mechanic :p

Edited by Guigsy (see edit history)

Guest wantthatone
upgrading the brakes with new disks and calipers and braided lines is hardly a "service". Nether is replacing the rad hoses, dizzy cap and ht leads... OR replaceing ALL the fluids.

id ignore that it seems wantthatone has just given you a list of what he had done to his car and not read the origonal post ;)

Not that its not a bad idea. infact its good. if the above need changing then by all means do them if you can afford them, but they are not typical service items. if they dont need doing then dont.

i wouldnt have thaught you need to change ALL the fluids. You dont ALWAYS need to change the plugs ether. you dont HAVE to change the filter on each service. just clean it out. it depends on how many miles its done.

But if you dont know what was done on the last service. I'd have the brakes checked in general. The Oil changed along with the coolant. The rest id just have topped up if it needs it. I think there are a couple of levels of service. of varying prices doing different things depending on mileage. id just do the appropriate. it depends how well the car has been looked after previously.

if uve met nevins im sure he will help.

p.s... im no mechanic :p

i would hate to get a service at your garage! replacing fluids is not part of a service or changing a dizzy cap! oh dear

Get the timing belt change if ur not sure when it was last done.

Changing oil,oil filter plugs is petty strait forward so if u have a few tools get stuck in yourself save yourself a few ££.

But get the timmig belt checked at least.

I be honest with you mate I don't know of a local garage that I'd take my car.

As stated craig will sort it for you but ask as he is a full time tyre shop at the end of the day.

Iam sure he won't say no to help out anther supra owner tho. :-).

If u get stuck give me a shout.

Hey. Guys,

Cheers for the replys!!! Ill have a look this weekend when I'm back in Wales. Thing I'd cardiffs a good 100 miles from my house :( so its the time :( I'm in Shropshire shrewsbury all week, every week. Any gargages in Shropshire that are good with supras. IV seen Chris Wilson is in Shropshire! ? By the way I'm not saying i dont trust craig and nevins ! Because I hope there going to do a NA-T for me next few months :D, just need some one who is close!

Hey. Guys,

Cheers for the replys!!! Ill have a look this weekend when I'm back in Wales. Thing I'd cardiffs a good 100 miles from my house :( so its the time :( I'm in Shropshire shrewsbury all week, every week. Any gargages in Shropshire that are good with supras. IV seen Chris Wilson is in Shropshire! ? By the way I'm not saying i dont trust craig and nevins ! Because I hope there going to do a NA-T for me next few months :D, just need some one who is close!

Yeah Chris is good too.

Hi mate,

The car was serviced only a short time before you bought it, its had new rear disks and all round pads. The oil and filter was changed as was the brake, coolant and steering fluids.

Check the levels and colour, I don't know what sort of milage you've done since buying the car but it can't be that bad just yet...

hey mate, cheers for the reply!,

ahh good, thats alot off my mind mate, ill check tomorrow after work. ive done about 1100 miles scince iv had it . :O, only due to it being a new car :D and every drives alot when they get there new car :p. im still in love with it mate, Still in mint condition, clean in every week inside and out, even if its clean haha.!!

the thing i need to do is the tracking as its pulling to the left, When did the car have its last "geometry setting" done if thats what its called? lol. And thats for coilovers, ye?

cheers dazz.

i would hate to get a service at your garage! replacing fluids is not part of a service or changing a dizzy cap! oh dear

I didn't say not to replace any of them ever :). You just don't NEED to do all of them EVERY service.

And my car doesn't have a dizzy cap so I wouldn't know :)