The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2jz Apexi Power fc on driftworks

ray007

The commander is useless for mapping anyway, but the price is fairly reflective of it's original sale value. It does need a seperate unit for mapping (can't recall it's name right now). I complained about paying £450 for a PFC a few years ago, should have hung onto it! :D

Ray, not sure if they are still available new, but I'm sure I've seen 1JZ PFC's for sale previously

The ones that are about new are for the Chaser 1JZ, if your 1JZ is out of a Soarer then they will not work.

I cant remember the reason but the engine/electrics/ecu are different between the two.

And when I got mine, I got the Chaser one first...and it didnt work. So I then finally found a second hand Soarer one....for £850 on ebay!!!!!! (It came with commander and boost control)

Someone on here was/is selling a Power FC with commander, datalogit and boost controller for £1200 iirc - which isn't bad for the full package

I'd rather put a bit more towards a brand nepw Syvecs. £1400 for a second hand ecu is extortionate (I'm aware certain motecs go for this figure, but they're overkill on most cars anyway)

If the pfc is for the 1JZ vvti from a chaser then it will be very good. As wise ol' Wilson said......in post 11.

Ah perfect....:D:D

I was seriously thinking of going down that route but was worried about paying a four figure sum for something that could work with a vvti.

So I guess it's worth having to mess around with the sump and mounts.. :)

On http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/FC-Datalogit-user/ there's a mailing list called FC-Datalogit-user. Now it's invite only once you have BOUGHT a Datalogit box, I don't THINK anyone can join, but that's where the developers hang out, and a load of info is tappable. I can ask a question there if you need anything answering before purchase?