The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hey

Guest jayman

Guest jayman

Hi guys, im jay 24 from ayrshire in Scotland,

Im not a supra owner yet but i'd like to be very soon.

I currently have a nice 2006 diesel vetra 1.9 cdti sri but i miss the power from a petrol turbo (used to have a 290 bhp turbo astra coupe) Always wanted a supra so why not now i thought. So i am on the look out for a standard, or close to standard clean supra, not got a colour in mind so i would be open to colours. must be manual and have at least 1 turbo :)

My budget will be swap for my vectra value at least 4995- 5495 and i have cash to add to it or i'll sell vectra and then see what i can get. I dont mind it being a project car. I also have a vauxhall cavilier to sell so i'll add that into my budget.

Anyway hopefully i'll be on chatting to you's and asking for help very soon.

Guest jayman

Thanks for warm welcome guys.

I realise it'll be a lucky buy if i find one, but i am happy getting 52 mpg so i can wait till the right deal comes up, my main worry is insurance for an import but i am self employed in automotive trade, so it might be worth whilst getting trade insurance and just being covered with that :-)

Guest jayman

I have cash to put towards it, and will increase as i save, i'd say i could get about 7k right now, so not a million miles away. I recon my vectra would sell well and reasonably quick as its quite saught after

heres some pictures

my vectra 1.9 cdti sri facelift im driving currently

My astra coupe i traded in about 4 months ago

Guest jayman

Nice welcome from everyone here, thank you,

I dont want to perhaps break forum rules by posting info about my business on the forum

Guest jayman

I also found the supra i wanted and it didnt have a price so i enquired and it was a lil bit out fo budget £11000 :-O i was gutted hehe, although this one was more or less a finished project, i'd prefer a standard one so i can put my own stamp on it.

My eyes are still peeled for one