The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT question

Supragal

Originally posted by Supragal

Will my car pass without the following fitted:

Door cards

Dashboard facia (plastic that surrounds dials and the wrap around bit that people spray)

Gear lever gaiter

glove box door

Think thats all thats missing...

Yes.

Well, strictly speaking, there's no guarantee that it'll pass but if it doesn't those things won't be the cause

:tongue:

You've gotta have enough dash installed so that your hazards, indicators, etc. work. I think the non-facelift dash has the hazard switch on the top section of the dash and that gets removed to take them main panel off, so it'll need refitting if it hasn't been already.

-Ian

Originally posted by Fiftyplus1

:D

Hope youve checked the tyres havent rotted away:)

Also wear a mini skirt Itll pass then

Fifty:)

brand new tyres on new alloys so they better not have!

and...err...it'll be the bodyshop bloke getting the MOT done so I'll tell him to wear a mini skirt :D

Originally posted by Ian C

I think the non-facelift dash has the hazard switch on the top section of the dash and that gets removed to take them main panel off, so it'll need refitting if it hasn't been already.

Make sure the ABS warning light works when you refit this bit. The connections can sometimes be a bit dodgy, and the light is part of the test.

Originally posted by Supragal

it'll be the bodyshop bloke getting the MOT done so I'll tell him to wear a mini skirt :D

Rosie

I know that this bodyshop have been dragging their heels over your car, but if they either don't know what a car needs for MoT, or where to take it to get it through anyway, they definately need a swift kick up the backside.

If you get any problems, give me a shout and I'll get it through for you.

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

I know that this bodyshop have been dragging their heels over your car, but if they either don't know what a car needs for MoT, or where to take it to get it through anyway, they definately need a swift kick up the backside.

I maybe should have stated my case a little better here...

Basically I do not want to take my nice spanky door cards/interior bits to their garage, I want to wait until the car is home to fit them. This is because a) I dont want them damaged/covered in workshop dust and 2) they will want to see/drive the 'finished' car before me and I want to be the first- it's my car, end of.

I sense that what will happen is that they will say to me "We need those bits for the MOT" to try and force me to bring them up so I wanted to be 100% sure so I can happily say "No, it will pass without them, here is x as you'll need that, otherwise stick it up your A" kinda thing

Originally posted by geoffvalenti

If you get any problems, give me a shout and I'll get it through for you

:hug: thank you!! :)