The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is NOS worth it ?

Biguns

I've got my N/A how I like it now and have now blown approximately £5k on it since getting it, sometimes it's too slow when playing about with other cars but 90% of the time it's fast enough to make me smile.

I can afford a transplant that's not the issue, I just feel it would probably be less hassle to throw a grands worth of nos kit at it and use it when I need to.

Thing is does it really work and what bhp could I be looking at?

I've got my N/A how I like it now and have now blown approximately £5k on it since getting it, sometimes it's too slow when playing about with other cars but 90% of the time it's fast enough to make me smile.

I can afford a transplant that's not the issue, I just feel it would probably be less hassle to throw a grands worth of nos kit at it and use it when I need to.

Thing is does it really work and what bhp could I be looking at?

Get a TT engine so you're quick enough 100% of the time ;)

Guest wantthatone

you can get an instant 100bhp wizard set up for very little outlay, however i dont think this is realy the way forward, you could damage a lot more of the engine which is always a gamble, but they have come on a long way now, i had mine set up with an on board computer, ie, could set the amount of nitrous, and the times

Good for drag racing, no good on a street car, it dont last 2 min and you have to keep the bottle at a constant pressure/temperature for it to work properly.

I just removed mine as it was most likely the reason my engine let go at thunder road.

Good for drag racing, no good on a street car, it dont last 2 min and you have to keep the bottle at a constant pressure/temperature for it to work properly.

I just removed mine as it was most likely the reason my engine let go at thunder road.

I think it was being used during mapping when my engine let go, it has risks

Thing is I just want it for them moments at the lights rather than yawning at the VXR driver and pretending it's a turbo

So, you are sat at the lights and decide you want to smoke the guy next to you? just ask him to wait a few min while you turn the bottle on, purge the lines, turn the heat blanket on and wait 10 min to get the bottle up to pressure, oh wait, the guy has f**ked off home.....

Buy a TT.

So, you are sat at the lights and decide you want to smoke the guy next to you? just ask him to wait a few min while you turn the bottle on, purge the lines, turn the heat blanket on and wait 10 min to get the bottle up to pressure, oh wait, the guy has f**ked off home.....

Buy a TT.

lol :D

He must be wanting one of those Brian O'Conner ones :jester:

A fairly good compromise would be a V8 conversion from a soarer or Ls. If you fit it yourself it can be very cheap, while offering a bit more performance (they're a little bit more powerful than an NA engine, while also being lighter) they also have more torque, and arguably a better soundtrack. You can pick up a whole donor car for under £500 with some persistence. You'd get all that back too by selling other parts of it off.

Plus, if you find the right Ls, you could end up with a 4-pot brake conversion too :)

Buy a TT.

I've had a NA on NOS in the past and you're makking it sound way more complicated then it needs to be lol ;)

Firstly you can remote bottle openers these days and you purge the lines from in the car and I never ran a bottle warmer on my NA. It was running about a 130'ish shot of NOS, on a progressive controller and out on the road it lasted easily enough time to kill a few cars and have a good blast round town on it, but it wont last days.

Running NOS on a NA is easily safe. Peoples engines blow up on dyno's because you are trying to run NOS with boost, but on a NA road car, you could easily get yourself to a TT power ouput without any problems.

You could probably get the whole setup + progressive controler for about £800 these days, maybe less and easily have it installed in a weekend.

Dont listen to all the haters mate, used safely and correctly, it can have its own advantages ;)