blitz boostcontrol

blitz induction kit

HKS exhaust

running @1 bar

still got a cat

My goal is to achive around 450BHP

what are my options?

i dont what a single convertion as i like the twinsetup

what sort of power can u get out of standard twins?

is it costly to upgrade your twins?

any advise would be Great!! cheers ;)

Surely BPU levels are enough for you if you've not even driven the car yet. Do you have any experience of a powerful RWD car previously if you're only 20?

Sorry if it sounds patronising but I'd have thought BPU is more than enough at the minute.

450bhp is a very odd number for Supras. You will get around 420bhp from the stock twins. You will need to convert to hybrid twins to reach 450bhp but then you don't have many options to reach a higher goal.

If you are looking for something you can tinker with a bit later when you are bored with 450bhp, then you will want to go single (which would normally bring you straight up to 500bhp). This can be costly, but worth every penny in the long run (providing it's done right!). This means you have a much wider range of options to increase power at a later date.

As above - Mine is just BPU with no increase in boost bar what the mods have done (decat, apexi exhaust and i/c) and i have rr graph showing 381BHP.

Just do the mods, and see how it drives.

Why are you making it higher BHP? Are you going to 1/4 mile it? Track time? Or just want a really fast road car?

From what i remember on modding the engine etc most people who want big 450+ power go for a single turbo as its easier and cheaper - i think the HKS twin turbos are very expensive for example, and for the price of Hybrid twins you may as well go single and then you can have a lot more power.

I personally like the twin setup as well and will aim to get mine up to 400bhp and then see if i can sneak into the 12s at santa pod this summer....

If that happens i`ll prob be happy and leave the engine alone!

Lol yes i no what BPU iz and as Gaz stated i still have the cat so its not realy a BPU,

I may be young but i work for test and development for jaguar landrover so i had to be trained to drive 500hp xkr xfr's etc.

My last car was a S14a drift spec with 300hp at the wheels, i had the car 5 months be4 i sold her,

Im not after Massive power as i like the Grand tourer sort of feel the supra has as its atualy nice to cruze in even with "tein" coilovers,

Im basicaly going to be de-cating the car rasing boost to around 1.2bar and mapping her on 99octane fuel (shel vpower)

My m8 has a 97 RZ with a single 600HP engine...and even tho its great fun and scary as F**K its not a nice car to "cruze in" ;)

cheers for your replies Guys!

you will hit higher than 450 mate.

Im running around 380, 2nd decat will boost it to just over 400 (i assume) and then boost gauge will make me pretty close to 500.

:D how is your boost gauge going to give you 100bhp?

I doubt the stock turbos will get anywhere near 450bhp.

To get 450 you will certainly need hybrid turbos building, but I have to say my experience with rebuilt turbos these days is becoming depressingly and expensively flawed. I am adamant that new factory units are far more reliable than rebuilt ones, but that's a risk assessment you need to make yourself. Stock turbos will not make anything like 450 real HP. If a reliable but quick cruiser is your goal I would fully de cat, fit platinum or iridium plugs of the right heat range, and a decent but quiet cat back exhaust like a Tanabe Medallion Touring, and a restrictor ring and aim for 1.2 bar maximum. If that is insuffcient I would suggest looking at a single turbo kit using a new turbo and a high quality kit, but it will be VERY costly to do it right.

The max you will get with the stock J-sec turbos is around 430hp at 1.2bar. To achieve this you will need:

1st decat

2nd decat

Restrictor ring

Cat back exhaust

Walbro GSS342 fuel pump

Good quality/condition side mounted or front mounted intercooler.

Cooler grade spark plugs

Boost gauge

EGT gauge

Electronic boost controller - optional

Fuel cut defender - may not be needed if ECU is fitted.

ECU, sensors, harness and mapping.

Intake cam 256

Exhaust cam 264

Adjustable cam pulleys

Bigger injectors.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

Oh goody, another lazy newbie who can't be bothered to read/search anything.

Please break the chain and spend a couple of hours in here to learn about your car, along with all the basic information covered a million times. You wouldn't believe how many times the same dross gets asked on here. The search also works very well.

Stock Tubbys = 430hp absolute maximum

Hybrid Tubbys = Debateable, we currently have a member looking to hit 500bhp. Normally 450 is the max. Most of the single turbo kit will be required regardless (ECU etc).

Single = Limitless

PS: Please don't start any "What age are Supra owners" or "What were your previous cars" threads. Feel free to bump the existing ones though if you are interested and want to contribute, there are pah-lenty to choose from.

The max you will get with the stock J-sec turbos is around 430hp at 1.2bar. To achieve this you will need:

1st decat

2nd decat

Restrictor ring

Cat back exhaust

Walbro GSS342 fuel pump

Good quality/condition side mounted or front mounted intercooler.

Cooler grade spark plugs

Boost gauge

EGT gauge

Electronic boost controller - optional

Fuel cut defender - may not be needed if ECU is fitted.

ECU, sensors, harness and mapping.

Intake cam 256

Exhaust cam 264

Adjustable cam pulleys

Just to add that you'll probably not even see over ~400BHP without the items in bold, unless you visit a dyno with ego pleasing overinflated figures. ;)

The stock j-spec injectors are pretty much maxed out at 1.2bar/~400BHP anyway so I'd probably add larger UK/export spec 550cc injectors to that list too.

PS: Please don't start any "What age are Supra owners" or "What were your previous cars" threads. Feel free to bump the existing ones though if you are interested and want to contribute, there are pah-lenty to choose from.

Also, "where's the boot release?" or "what's this red button?" :D

you will hit higher than 450 mate.

Im running around 380, 2nd decat will boost it to just over 400 (i assume) and then boost gauge will make me pretty close to 500.

:rlol:

Double decats and no boost controller will be 380 max. 420 max with the boost controller plus other supporting mods

If your still running with a cat in then you won't have 380bhp, more like 350 imo

:rlol:

Double decats and no boost controller will be 380 max. 420 max with the boost controller plus other supporting mods

If your still running with a cat in then you won't have 380bhp, more like 350 imo

Doesnt normally need boost controller on a JDM TT, just a RR and double decat. Assuming all other BPU items are fitted. Of course the 'preferred' way is to fit a 1bar RR and EBC to 1.2bar :)