The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TRD bilstein Coilovers

Dim Sum

Rock solid, very harsh ride IMO.

:yeahthat:

Would you recommend the yellow bilstein ones? also between the trd grey ones, is there any difference in height ride between that one and a yellow?

The yellow Bilsteins are a good choice for UK roads.

The TRD damper have 3 adjustable ride heights - the spring seat can be moved to 3 different slots on the body of the damper - the yellow Bilsteins are not adjustable but can easily be machined the same as the TRD dampers so ride height can be adjusted.

:yeahthat:

The yellow Bilsteins are a good choice for UK roads.

The TRD damper have 3 adjustable ride heights - the spring seat can be moved to 3 different slots on the body of the damper - the yellow Bilsteins are not adjustable but can easily be machined the same as the TRD dampers so ride height can be adjusted.

Thanks alot =) i just go and get the yellow ones.

I have the TRD grey ones with TRD springs; wheels are 19 with a 35 profile. They are a bumpy ride , but on the motorway they are fine.

Never knew you could adjust them, and looking at them I dont think you can plus according to TRD they are a fixed rate. I wonder would the yellow bilsteins allow the wheels to hug the arches as nice as the TRD.

TRD bilsteins are discontinued if you are looking to buy them new and so is the lowering spring set

TRD bilsteins (Shocks)-- Fixed rate Made by BILSTEIN (http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_shock.html)

TRD Springs -- front K=107.8N/mm

Rear K=92.1N/mm

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_spring.html

I have the TRD grey ones with TRD springs; wheels are 19 with a 35 profile. They are a bumpy ride , but on the motorway they are fine.

Never knew you could adjust them, and looking at them I dont think you can plus according to TRD they are a fixed rate. I wonder would the yellow bilsteins allow the wheels to hug the arches as nice as the TRD.

TRD bilsteins are discontinued if you are looking to buy them new and so is the lowering spring set

TRD bilsteins (Shocks)-- Fixed rate Made by BILSTEIN (http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_shock.html)

TRD Springs -- front K=107.8N/mm

Rear K=92.1N/mm

http://www.trdparts.jp/english/parts_spring.html

The grey ones I had weren't height adjustable. The yellow billies will be higher than the TRD setup, if it is the same as mine was, as the TRD setup was a gnats whisker off the deck lol.

Never knew you could adjust them, and looking at them I dont think you can plus according to TRD they are a fixed rate.

It's not very obvious when you look at them but the TRD Bilsteins do have ride heigh adjustability, they have 3 slots/grooves around the damper, there is a circlip that fits into the slot and holds the lower spring seat in place. To adjust the ride height you remove the circlip and position on one of the other slots. The damping is not adjustable.

If you see HERE, it says "Ride height 3-stage adjustable type (Ride height:Approx. -15mm・-25mm・-35mm)"

Edited by Nic (see edit history)