The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm in a quandary! Nur Spec R or RX.

BOB B

Hi everyone, (or some of you at least) as the thread title says I have a quandary that I hope you could help me with, by giving your thoughts, opinions or views on.

I had a Nur Spec RX on the car and I've always found it, (up to 4000 revs), a little quiet, though from then on the sound is very good.

So I went and bought a second hand Nur Spec R, great sound for me but my wife hates it, so most of the time I run with the bung in, but not keen on this because it is restrictive.

Should I put the RX back on and stop wanting a really aggressive sound (I don't think of it as noisy), also there has been a few threads lately about people being fined for an over loud exhaust.

Or.

Should I stick with the R and put up with the bung and driving normally, with the occasional spin as it should be, nice and free flowing.

Also does anyone know if you can mix and match the sections of exhausts to get a level somewhere in between.

Any helpful post would be great.

Thanks.

Are you de-cated?

If not, then perhaps it may help a bit.

Personally the RX suits me with a double decat.

It has a great rasp when you need it and a nice burble at low revs, but it doesn't pee me off at all, nor do I get a headache after a reasonable blast.

i have the RX, it's nice to hear more of the engine, especially when you boot it as it's not drowned out by exhaust noise... but i do sometimes miss a little more aggressive note when driving about. Trying to stay classy though! :D

i might try and swap it for an R at some point.

Thanks for the comments, it seems that we are all mostly in an undecided opinion, and if we're not its about 50/50! either way sometime soon one of them will be up for sale, (and then I'll change my mind again, "oh the woes of a multi exhaust life"), no one has made a comment about mix and matching them, I may try that this weekend.