The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Got my Blitz 03's Racing wheels back from Ibrar!

Bobbeh

Got to say, Ibrar @ Speedwells is the man! He did a great job bringing them back to life after the accident I had in October.. The shadow chrome is a good match to the Blitz Silver that was on before.

The lips are now polished & lacquered so look a little less blingly as they were anodised previously, but I'm not too fussed about that but am well happy with the result :cool:

Hopefully I'll pick up my car either on Monday or next weekend all finished, will be nice to have pics of them re-united with the car!

Check out the pics:

Found a gash in one of the front tyre sidewalls which was from the accident.. anyone think this tyre should be binned or does it look ok? (Not trying to be cheap here, just want honest opinions - cheers).

wheels 001.jpg

wheels 002.jpg

wheels 003.jpg

wheels 006.jpg

wheels 007.jpg

wheels 004.jpg

wheels 005.jpg

Not much of a gash,more of a rash,looks ok to me,it's when you have a slice in the wall then you have a problem

Yeah, there is a lot of gazing, but the section above the Y has gone deeper, maybe I'm being over cautious.. you never know with these things :)

Agreed guys.. he did great :cool:

Wheels look very nice, good job Ibrar

Out of interest for my future refurb, you have called this Shadow Chrome, I will be after Black Chrome, I take it that will be much darker and is not the same thing, this question is aimed at Ibrar really, but any answer will be good

Found a gash in one of the front tyre sidewalls which was from the accident.. anyone think this tyre should be binned or does it look ok? (Not trying to be cheap here, just want honest opinions - cheers).

IMO I'd say that was nothing to worry about at all.

From the photo it only looks like small surface 'scuff' damage to the top layer of rubber.

If there's no 'bleb' (raised bump) or other signs of weakness in that part of the tyre in that area then should be fine.

Yeah Jamie, really looking forward to this week, it'll look better than I've ever had it.

John, I hear you... and that's typically my school of thought, last thing I need is another wreck!

Aron, there are no bulges but I've barely driven on them since the accident.

Got to say, Ibrar @ Speedwells is the man! He did a great job bringing them back to life after the accident I had in October.. The shadow chrome is a good match to the Blitz Silver that was on before.

The lips are now polished & lacquered so look a little less blingly as they were anodised previously, but I'm not too fussed about that but am well happy with the result :cool:

Hopefully I'll pick up my car either on Monday or next weekend all finished, will be nice to have pics of them re-united with the car!

Check out the pics:

Thanks Rob.

Tyre will be fine its only lightly grazed and has no signs of any sidewall damage. Lokking forward to some pics of the wheels on the car :thumbs:

Wheels look very nice, good job Ibrar

Out of interest for my future refurb, you have called this Shadow Chrome, I will be after Black Chrome, I take it that will be much darker and is not the same thing, this question is aimed at Ibrar really, but any answer will be good

Yes, black chrome is a different shade and process.

Yes, black chrome is a different shade and process.

Thanks mate, I guessed it was different, but I couldn't see Shadow Chrome on your Colour option on the Website

Wish I had the extra cash to have mine done now in Black Chrome, I would of had a totally refurbed Supra then, well paint wise anyway

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)