The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to look at this car tomorrow

pistonbroke

My mate who has loved supras for ages, is taking me with him tomorrow to check this little number out.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2616230.htm

I'm not too clued up on Aerotop prices, so I'm not sure if this is a good deal or not. The car certainly seems clean enough. With the custom interior, big brake kit etc etc. It looks the part for sure.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the car?, how much should I really be paying for it?.

Very rare car if you want a facelift aerotop specifically. The wheels are too big but besides that, it's everything I would want in an NA Supra. I personally think it's about £1500 overpriced which probably the profit the dealer is making on it.

H.

Is it me, or the photography, but hardly any two panels look the same colour? :)

May actually be the photographs, although it is a very difficult colour to get a match. I have just had a scratch removed from mine and I decided to have the full rear bumper done. It had to be done three times before my painter was happy with it.

This one looks like it's had a wing and a door on the passenger side at least. Without seeing it in the flesh you will never know as photos can be massively deceiving.

H.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. I'll go tomorrow with my mate, and give my bartering skills their best shot. I've picked up on a few things already that I can get money off for, damaged lip and bent wheels being two of them.

I know you can get an auto TT for the same money, but he's fallen in love with the car, and knows about TT engine transplants when he craves for more grunt. He loves the idea of an aerotop foir the summer (can't say I blame him). I'll try to get him down to around the 5k mark, willing for 5.5k tops.

As much as my mate loves it, I'll make sure he doesn't get ripped off.

I just had a look on the dealers website, where there are loads of pics, a few things I have notice with a quick flick through

Plastic trims in the back and door pillars look scratched up

As others have said multi coloured panel, although most Supra's rear bumpers are a different shade

Facelift passenger headlight is shot

Drivers seat has seen better days

The alloys are not nice

In the engine bay shots, the Drivers top mount has something orangy red all over it, can also be seen on the clamp on the Air ducting, would need some further investigation

The problem is price, but Facelift Aero's are very rare, but if I was spending that sort of cash and had to have an Aero, I might look at this as a car to do her up, if it was on my doorstep, but would not be paying anywhere near that

Someones just put a deposit on it, my mate is gutted...........it better not be any of you guys :D

There will be other aeros for your mate, I thought this one was fairly overpriced anyway. To put it into perspective i paid a little under half that for my aero, which only had 50k miles on the clock with FSH etc. Granted mine wasn't a facelift but over £3.5k difference is a lot for a few minor differences in trim and being a couple of years younger. If i were your mate I would look for a clean pre-facelift aero around £3k, and spend the money he will save on a TT conversion, even after that he would still have a few £'s left over, much better deal than that facelift aero if you ask me.

Hello. Does it exist 6 spd TT Arotops?

At what prices ruffly?

Anny one have a singel Arotop??

Hej då.

Only if people convert them. Same with the singles there are a few here. You can buy my Aero tt auto after the summer if you want. 8k

I've noticed an awful lot of facelift cars in Gunmetal and Quicksilver where certain panels (mainly the plastics and especially the rear bumpers) aren't an identical colour match in certain lights.

Unless you have a white or light silver Supra then the rear bumper won't/shouldn't match, if it does then it's been resprayed;)

Interesting - why's that?

Apparently the paint reacted differently on the bumpers, it was the same paint that was used to spray the car but I don't know the ins and outs, for instance, on my red supra it was darker, on my black supra its lighter and on the blue supra it's the same colour(it's been resprayed).

My theory is they didn't put enough paint on it and the colour of the bumper affects it too much, as I think the bumper is grey in it's standard form would explain why it doesn't affect the silvers too much but it would darken red and lighten black (and white just gets away with anything).

My car has no spray job and it's all the same,well apart from the mirror that has now been smashed off 2 times,silver is the worst paint to match,i should know because ive had more silver cars than mad mick,i do spray jobs on my mates bikes and cars and have done for over 20 years,white is easy