The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cars in the bodyshop the story so far, but I am not sure what to do

DodgyRog

The cars now having a full makeover, due to unforseen events, the story so far:rolleyes:

It was originally going in for front bumper being changed to TRD wide front, wide vented wings and OEM sideskirts

I am now no longer going with the wings and have Veilside overfenders instead

Well to do the blending work that has to be done, I have except the bill was going up, but the bodyshop suggested that if I don't have the induction section inside the Trd bumper, (which as I am still N/A for the moment seems to make sense) this would mean through the great genorousity of ShellShocked, they could near as makes no difference do the job for the same price, but this means only the front end being done, so no overfenders at the back

Well I think this would look really odd and out of balance, so I was not really happy about just doing the front, but due to the circumstance that got me here, I have no choice, but to do the front at least.

Anyway after another vist to the bodyshop and a very long chat and bouncing figures about, we got to a price I can get past my brilliant, gorgeous wife (and no shes not stood behind me:D)

So I have now agreed to have the whole car resprayed with front and rear overfenders and also the boot lid wiper and spray hole filled, also the rear bumper realigned (it's never quite lined up, due to someone backing into something at some point) and sprayed

Now to the bit I am not sure about,

I currently have a Trd full carbon spoiler, but with the Veilside wide arches and my curiosity, I think it might look good de-spoilered or just a carbon lip spoiler

I think from the back it will make it look even wider and squat if you get what I mean. I am really worried about making a mistake with this, so want to throw it open to discussion, I know it is my car blah blah, but I would like some forum guidence on this please, any pics of similar would be good as well

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Seen it done but it looks different on each one iv seen so throw some pics up of what it looks like now, what it will look like and we can advise! :)

Not the best pic, but I don't really have any with the Full Carbon on

With my old spare wheels on

I can't really show you what it will be like, but it's a TRD front, Veilside widearch overfenders and OEM sideskirts

Edited by DodgyRog (see edit history)

Take a look at mine bud, I have the 60mm overfenders on mine and went despoilered, dewipered, etc.

I had my front VS bumper fitted, front and rear overfenders fitted and blended and my spats and skirts blended with a full respray (including all the tailgate work) for 900 english pounds

P.S. Make sure you get either spacers or, even better, the right sized wheels to fit under the arches too

Take a look at mine bud, I have the 60mm overfenders on mine and went despoilered, dewipered, etc.

I had my front VS bumper fitted, front and rear overfenders fitted and blended and my spats and skirts blended with a full respray (including all the tailgate work) for 900 english pounds

P.S. Make sure you get either spacers or, even better, the right sized wheels to fit under the arches too

Yeap that works well, very nice indeed

Think I will look at a Carbon lip as I have a Carbon bonnet though

As for wheels, going to have to be Hubcentric spacers for the minute at least, the wife would have a heart attack if even brought that subject up at the moment

why not go for a nice low style OEM spoiler that would give you the wide look you are trying to go for. :)

I take it you mean this one and I know exactly what you mean, this would be my first choice of spoiler at the moment, but it's only available from abroad and when I last checked was well over £400 before prep and paint, if the funds become available in the future or a 2nd hand one becomes available it's on my shopping list

if your having a new front end can i get 1st dibbs on your bumper?

Already Sold in principle mate, sorry, got 2 people who have already confirmed they want it for the price I am after and both able to collect from me

well guess i've got quicker cause as soon as i wrote that post i sorted one just waiting on some pictures, make sure you upload some pics when yours is back from the body shop

Glad you have got one sorted and I am sure there will be a few pics at some point, if nothing else, Dragonba11 or Japfest