The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What clutch is this??

Crouch

Need help to find out what clutch this is as it needs rebuilt. The clutch was in the car when i got it and the only invoice i have for a clutch is an os giken TS3B. when the clutch was checked we discoverd a great big HKS sign staring at us.

is this a HKS GD Pro clutch?

The photos not ideal ideal but hope someone can id this for me thanks for any help i get

Gary

GetAttachment.jpg

photo...jpg

photo..jpg

photo.jpg

Need help to find out what clutch this is as it needs rebuilt. The clutch was in the car when i got it and the only invoice i have for a clutch is an os giken TS3B. when the clutch was checked we discoverd a great big HKS sign staring at us.

is this a HKS GD Pro clutch?

The photos not ideal ideal but hope someone can id this for me thanks for any help i get

Gary

Definately HKS going on the HKS stamp on the cover. Only way to find out which type it is to take the box off though.

Why not just get that Carbonetic clutch fitted in there?

Only way to find out which type it is to take the box off though.

Why not just get that Carbonetic clutch fitted in there?

Is there a part no somewhere that i can check as i think it may be a HKS GD Pro clutch but with the price of the refurb i don't want to order the wrong bit! The carbonetic was baught for the 3.4 engine i've started as i'm starting from scratch,If this is however a GD Pro then it can handle more power than the carbonetic so the carbonetic will be installed on the current 612hp engine for better drivability and the HKS will go on the big build engine!

Is there a part no somewhere that i can check as i think it may be a HKS GD Pro clutch but with the price of the refurb i don't want to order the wrong bit! The carbonetic was baught for the 3.4 engine i've started as i'm starting from scratch,If this is however a GD Pro then it can handle more power than the carbonetic so the carbonetic will be installed on the current 612hp engine for better drivability and the HKS will go on the big build engine!

How aboit this http://www.hkseurope.com/drivetrain/apps/gdclutch.htm

I'm doing a special offer on 3.4 stroker kits at the moment, just in case you haven't seen it.

I'm doing a special offer on 3.4 stroker kits at the moment, just in case you haven't seen it.

Thanks for the link Mr Whiffin.

Where would i locate the code on the clutch is there some where in perticular that this will be stamped??

As for the stroker kit i did have a look its a good price but i already have conrods its just the crank and pistons i need. Is the BC stuff any good as i've heard people talk about them as if they're "bargain basement" but i've never actually heard of there stuff failing and pushing good numbers to!

Thanks for the link Mr Whiffin.

Where would i locate the code on the clutch is there some where in perticular that this will be stamped??

As for the stroker kit i did have a look its a good price but i already have conrods its just the crank and pistons i need. Is the BC stuff any good as i've heard people talk about them as if they're "bargain basement" but i've never actually heard of there stuff failing and pushing good numbers to!

Its been awhile since I've seen the HKS clutches to be honest, pretty sure the way you tell the difference is that one is sprung and the other isnt. I think you would need to remove the gearbox to see that though.

I can do a price without the rods if needed. BC cranks are very good yes, I had one in mine for years and it worked a treat. I'm not running it at the moment as I had a blow up last year(not stroker kit related) and didn't have time to get another set of stroker pistons so went back to a standard crank for the moment.

Thanks

Paul