The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Couture Auto Ireland Meath -- Beware

Jellybean

Hey

Was talking to Paul last nite(Red Supra), he wasn’t at any of the weekends yet but is going this year. Will meet up with him during the week.

Paul’s turbo’s went (Jspec Supra) but he was running 1.4 bar so it is going to happen. He went to Couture Auto out in meath, they said they will recon the Turbo’s via Turbo technics, he handed over the cash and got the turbo’s sent off.

When he got the Turbos back they still looked the usual used Items (when you get back refurbed turbos they look like new). Long story short, it cost him the guts of 2-3K for the work and what appears Couture didn’t get his turbo’s refurbed but instead they bought 2nd ones and pawned them off as turbo technics refurbed hybrid’s.

On top of this when installing the other turbo’s they failed to connect the VSV valves plus the Vacuum piping was still perished not replaced. After the out lay of the 2-3 K Paul found the car to be running like a bag of $h!$, Colin up in SSI had a look at her and said they have made a pigs ear of it, VSV valves for one.

Now the VSV valves are gone , and Toyota garage told Paul if he wants new items he has to purchase the whole turbo too(4K they wanted)!!! Looking up the parts site, you can purchase VSV valves individually (100 euro each I estimate)

I was only talking to Couture last week, before I even knew what Paul went through. I asked them how they rate themselves with Supra’s, based on the response they seem to be very confident in their knowledge and way around the 2JZ.

So just a heads up, don’t go near Couture Auto with your Supra