The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust fabrication questions

supra steveo

Ive seen this on you tube and wondered what would it take apart from lots of money to get someting like this made if not then a valve to close off the straight tho route to the backbox and re-route it through a series of mufflers to surpress the noise, so we can be noisey as hell when we want to be and quiet when we need to be

i think i will give the guys over at AAS in Newcastle a ring and see what they can come up with if its not too expensive , ive already bought an Apexi EVC from Animal on here so hopefully this is my quick fix but i am still looking for something abit more gucci than that and if it can be used in the design of the new exhaust to that would be cool too

also a second idea ive had is that the oem exhaust split in two before getting to the backbox, so if i could have a staright though exhast then press or pull something to redirect the exhaust gasses off to the right side of the vehicle using the old exhaust hanger that i dont use now with the HKS to hold a baffled section to totally kill noise before going to the backbox

any ideas

Hey Steveo,

i havent seen the video cause im at work. But if you are searching a nice bypass setup maybe this could be interesting for you:

http://www.coupe-parts.de/k.01.jpg

http://www.coupe-parts.de/k.02.jpg

http://www.coupe-parts.de/k.03.jpg

very interesting who did the work to that and any vids of it working ?

any vids of it.

:yeahthat:

I had an exhuast made by AAS with the 4" QTP value in, it failed within a year

whats their warranty like ? and if I supplied them with the Apexi ECV maybe they could sort something out, i am up north this weekend so might go there for a face to face on the weekend

whats their warranty like ? and if I supplied them with the Apexi ECV maybe they could sort something out, i am up north this weekend so might go there for a face to face on the weekend

Dunno, i wanted to supply them with the valve myself as they were chanrging me about double what i knew I could buy them for, but they said if there were ANY issues fitting one supplied by me then the costs to get it to work would be on my head (even though it was exactly the same item). I figured I'd be safer just to get them to supply and fit it at a fixed cost. When it failed I just ripped the valve guts out, i couldn't be bothered trying to arse on with them about replacing it

Dunno, i wanted to supply them with the valve myself as they were chanrging me about double what i knew I could buy them for, but they said if there were ANY issues fitting one supplied by me then the costs to get it to work would be on my head (even though it was exactly the same item). I figured I'd be safer just to get them to supply and fit it at a fixed cost. When it failed I just ripped the valve guts out, i couldn't be bothered trying to arse on with them about replacing it

So basicaly they were shit :D

Guest Carsten

The Varex muffler looks very very interesting. But i recently saw a video of it on a tt which sounded like crap ^^

And by crap i mean REAL CRAP!

I will keep my Nur Spec Tip and be happy with it :)

I've just bought a Borla muffler which I'm going to get put into my midpipe, I'm hoping it means I can be fairly quite all the time, and I still have the screamer for when I go WOT. I have tried various exhausts now, but I think it's with getting a bit older that I don't want to have a loud exhaust at all