The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My dyno day

TLicense

Thought I'd let you all know how I got on a couple of days ago, when I finally got to put my car on the rolling road to map and run-in the engine.

The *final* spec of the motor is

K&N intake manifold

Custom intake pipework

Blitz twin turbo's (with 0.54 exhaust housings)

Custom intercooler pipework

HKS sequential dump valve

CW SMIC

Stock intake throttle body

Stock intake manifold

PTFE intake manifold gasket

264/264 camshafts

Titan vernier cam pulleys

Full Ferrea +1mm valve train

Stock head porting

Stock head gasket

Power Enterprise cambelt

Stock oil pump

Stock water pump

Stock crank dampener

Stock crank

Power Enterprise main bearings

Fully balanced rotating and reciprocating assembly

RPS flywheel

Carillo H-beam rods

Power Enterprise crank bearings

CP 86.5mm Pistons

Modified Blitz exhaust manifold

Custom downpipe

Blitz D4 wastegates

Aeroquip boost control lines

Aeroquip oil lines

Tanabe touring medallion exhaust

Stock radiator system

WOTM triple fuel hanger

Twin Walbro fuel pumps

Full aeroquip fuel lines

Aeromotive fuel filter (with dry breaks)

Aeromotive FPR (with dry breaks)

Power house racing fuel rail

Siemens 870cc injectors (cleaned and balanced to within 1cc)

Stock UK injector ballast

Stock charcoal cannister

Syvecs S6GP ECU

LS2 WBO2 sensor

5 bar AEM MAP sensor

0-150 PSIG Fuel pressure sensor

K-type EGT sensor

0-150 PSIA oil pressure sensor

Crank case pressure sensor

Stock inlet air temp sensor

Stock coolant sensor

RPS Street Max clutch

6 speed conversion

Import auto LSD

The results at 1.7 bar of boost were:-

FWHP and torque

RWHP and fuelling

Big thanks to Ryan, once again another job well done in terms of the mapping

I'm told this is a record for CW's SMIC, but I think this, along with the stock intake is probably the biggest restriction now. I could fit the 0.72 exhaust housings I have which would increase the lag (it's no problem for me as I've plenty of head room in terms of revs) and would give more power, (albeit at an inefficient rate) but I think this will keep me plenty busy enough for the meantime.

Cheers,

Be interesting to see the pressure drop across my I/C and compare it with whatever you try in its place. I was talking to Dave Rowe a bit ago about intercoolers and even some huge front mounts he sees have terrible cores and have massive pressure drop across them. I have bought a Trust I/C for the new Skyline and have cut the end tanks off to fit a really nice core, but it's a costly exercise. Glad all the hard work has paid off so handsomely :) Excellent result!

Cheers guys. It's been a bit of a hard slog to get here. I would dread to think how many hours and £££'s have gone into this, so all your kind words are very much appreciated. :)

Be interesting to see the pressure drop across my I/C and compare it with whatever you try in its place. I was talking to Dave Rowe a bit ago about intercoolers and even some huge front mounts he sees have terrible cores and have massive pressure drop across them. I have bought a Trust I/C for the new Skyline and have cut the end tanks off to fit a really nice core, but it's a costly exercise. Glad all the hard work has paid off so handsomely :) Excellent result!

I don't think I will replace it though Chris. Whilst a good quality FMIC would be less of a restriction, which coupled with the larger area would (if correctly ducted) help to reduce intake temps, personally, for this car I prefer to retain the SMIC and keep the active spoiler functionality and the stock look.

Great build this, Tony. Definitely in for pictures.

Whilst a good quality FMIC would be less of a restriction, which coupled with the larger area would (if correctly ducted) help to reduce intake temps, personally, for this car I prefer to retain the SMIC and keep the active spoiler functionality and the stock look.

I know what you mean here. I've got for the SRD/ETS intercooler now, but I'm going to have the Active Spoiler "locked" down, for the stock look. Great result anways mate. Nice one.