The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Why have I only got leatherette in the back?

General Banter

Just picked up my first Supra last night (yay) and was quite surprised to find leather seats in the back only, is this correct? All cloth yes, all leather yes but half and half?? I could maybe understand leather fronts as they'll inevitably see the most use, the back seats are so small that on the odd occasion I do find myself offering a lift to Ronnie Corbett I don't see why he should have all the fun!

Edited by General Banter
Change title to prevent me looking stupid! (see edit history)

Leatherette, my mistake! Thanks for the replies, seems an odd thing to do though :)

I find it weird when I see pictures of peoples' J-specs with cloth front seats and leatherette rear seats. It does seem to be a strange combo to come from the factory.

i liked the cloth on my old facelift. they had cloth in the back too.

but the leather in my uk were freezing in the winter and boiling in summer. i got some recaros and had them trimmed with leather and alcantara centres and its the perfect compromise :)